Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Try resetting the cam to factory defaults first. Don't forget to reset Fn settings, too.
The remote is compatible with 700D?

fotoguy

You, sir, are a GENIUS! Thank you so much for your INVALUABLE help. That fixed it. I know that in the world of photography it's only a Rebel T5i. But it sure means a lot to me. Thanks again for taking your time and brain power to help me out with this. Very much appreciated!

EDIT: Actually, the wireless remote works only on the battery grip now. Yes, it used to work on the camera, too. Wired still does not work.

Walter Schulz

You're overacting a bit. That was pretty much Troubleshooting 101. Glad it helped.

fotoguy

Sorry to be such a pain. It's taken me two months to get caught up financially after buying this camera. Should the 'clear camera and clear C.Fn' operations also clear the 'My Menu' settings too? They're all still there.

Walter Schulz

That's correct. See manual page 213-216. Those settings marked "Unchanged" will be left untouched. "My Menu" is such an item.

EDIT:
What's status now?
IR remote working with/without grip?
Wired remote working?

fotoguy

I just find it curious that neither the wired NOR wireless remotes work. Even the battery grip only focuses 1/3 of the time and trips the shutter rarely. No problems with the shutter button... yet.

Walter Schulz

Set lens to manual focus and try again.

fotoguy

Tried that and tried different lens. No good. I also tried it without the battery grip.

I talked to Canon. They said that eBay is not an authorized retailer so it may not be covered by the warranty, but to send it in anyway. The seller has sold MANY of them, so he may actually own a store. eBay is not the reseller, it's just the way the retailer advertises. I don't know if that matters. Also, he is in Canada, so that could make a difference too. Yes, I just checked the warranty and it does not include purchases made out of the U.S.

Walter Schulz

Any chance to test this remote with a second 700D or use a 2nd remote known good?

fotoguy

I updated my last message. I've tried other working wired and wireless remotes - no good.

deanc38

Finally got the courage to install ML on my 700D last night.  Everything went out smooth and the added functionality are a bit overwhelming  :D

Now the bad part....I noticed that the camera becomes warm after sometime and I hardly noticed this before even with LV turned on all the time.  I'm a bit concerned about this as this is a new camera, I have seen on previous post that their camera gets warm as well, but no definite explanation or no one answered if this is normal.  So I ask again, is this normal?  Does your 700D get warm on normal use with ML?

BTW, a got the latest nightly build installed.

walter_schulz

You can try if there is a difference. Just press SET at startup and ML tasks will not be executed. Now try your best to use the cam as with ML (impossible, I know) and report back.
One thing you can not reproduce: RAW/MLV recording. Your SD-card interface is able to do about 41 MByte/s and doing so will warm up your card quite a bit and battery, too. MOV/H.264 recording without tweaks will just use up to 6 MByte/s.

If you are concerned about the temperature number displayed: That is pretty much just a number at time of writing. See http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9673.0 and if you have some time to run your 700D through this procedure you earn some karma. ;-)

deanc38

I'll try re-install ML again and give it another try with your suggestion and see if there will be any difference.  Thanks...

damir1994

Hey guys,

I have 700d with ML only what is not working is Info option it says info.ml is missing. I have reinstalled same ml version and again same problem.
Its not big deal to dont have this info, but because i am beginner in recording that can help me.

Avro_Arrow

Greetings fellow ML users!
I'm not sure if this is a bug or if there is a workaround...

I was trying to use the intervalometer.
I set up my shot as normal and disconnected my lens as is normal for time lapse.
I fired up the ML intervalometer and set it to start.
It did it's countdown and took the first picture.
Then it came up with a lens communication error and quite.
I've shot tethered to a laptop many times and never had this problem before.

Any comments or suggestions?
Thanks

GeorgeTB

Hello,

I'm trying to download but when I select the 700D and push the download button, I get an error message (404).

George

deanc38

On my previous post, I was concerned about temperature reading when ML is running.  Walter suggested to disable ML in order to compare, but found out that my hands is not a very good temperature sensor. :D

Anyways,  I got a FLIR camera kicking around and decided to take some measurements.  Two sets of measurements were made, one with ML OFF and the other with ML ON. Three samples were taken on each set, first is to get the initial temperature, second is roughly midway during the test, and the last one is at the end of the sampling period.  Test duration is about 15 minutes for each set with LV active, power saving disabled and screen off disabled.

ML OFF

ML ON

Jeff TS

HI. I'm a total newbie to Magic Lantern. I shoot video with my 700D. I installed ML mostly so I could see audio meters. But I don't have the first clue as to how to use ML and make them show up. Can someone help with a step by step on getting them to show and work?  Thanks!

deanc38

Quote from: Jeff TS on February 04, 2015, 10:16:47 PM
HI. I'm a total newbie to Magic Lantern. I shoot video with my 700D. I installed ML mostly so I could see audio meters. But I don't have the first clue as to how to use ML and make them show up. Can someone help with a step by step on getting them to show and work?  Thanks!

Hi Jeff,

First stop      - http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq
Second stop - http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/install
Third stop    - http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide

Since you've already got ML installed, I'm sure a lot of your questions have answers on the third stop.  Just go slow and experiment and then try understand the changes you might want to do on the settings.

I too just got ML installed a few weeks ago and I find the menu intimidating at first but managed to use some of it based on my needs.

BTW, to get the menu to show up just press the trash button. :)

Jeff TS

Thank you. Yes I've gotten as far as the menu, but I still don't have a clue as to how to turn on the audio meters. I was expecting an audio icon in the menu which would enable me to turn on the audio features, but i don't see one. Am I doing something wrong?

sarkarshomit

Jeff..try pressing the "info" button on stndby screen or live view screen till u get the ML overlay screen...i think the sound shows up there on that ML screen.

Felipe

650D-700D

Jeff TS

Sarkarshomit, pressing the Info button worked! Thank you

Ghostrider771

Hello
Thinking about installing ML to my T5i, but I have been hesitant.
My questions are
1. I know it shoots video in the Raw, but does it make the aspect ratio higher then 1920x1080?(like to a 2k)
1.5. If it does shoot to a 2k can the SDXC card still work for it?
2. I see the Nightly bulb latest update now listed on the site, is that the only thing I need to run ML?
3. Will it be easy to edit in Premiere?
Thank you for your time