Previous topic - Next topic

mk11174

Quote from: TAB on June 26, 2014, 06:18:14 PM
Now, before I get the cryptic message screen, it gives me this upon booting:

"
Camera was not shut down cleanly.STBY
Skipping module loading

"

I have no idea what it means "shut down cleanly," I always wait for the red light to stop blinking before I touch the memory card slot.

Also, I've noticed that the shutter speed for video of 1/47 now appears to be 1/45; I'm wondering if this is just an interface thing or if it's actually rolling a fraction of a second slower now?
So if you are using the June 25th Nightly, your saying this Vol64 module is not working for you? Because I myself tested it with the June 25th nightly and it worked perfectly, I get no error messages?

I don't know what has changed with the shutter speeds, I have not been coding for awhile so I have not kept track of all the new changes with ML.

Maybe you need to clean your ML config file and the module config files?
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

TAB

Quote from: mk11174 on June 26, 2014, 09:32:11 PM
So if you are using the June 25th Nightly, your saying this Vol64 module is not working for you? Because I myself tested it with the June 25th nightly and it worked perfectly, I get no error messages?

I don't know what has changed with the shutter speeds, I have not been coding for awhile so I have not kept track of all the new changes with ML.

Maybe you need to clean your ML config file and the module config files?

Yup that did it. Thanks!

Felipe

Seems to me like if now, is precise I mean when just turn on the camera, the reading it gives is the reading it records, in other words no need for recording a little clip to give the right reading before to adjust volume
650D-700D

wyrlyn

Hey there!

I've seen the ML feautre list that the 700D has got CROP_MODE_HACK function. I know what is it for (as seen on some youtube videos) but I'd like to know how to use it correctly, beacuse I haven't seen any tutorial or description of it. If someone could tell me ho to enable it and use it (settings before and after for recording) I would really appreciate it!

Thanks folks!

wyrlyn

A Kubrick Fan

I've searched this thread for a couple of hours now. Still couldn't find the answer to my problem. I've successfully installed ML onto my 700D. But I'm having trouble fiddling with it. All I need to know is how to shoot in 1280x720 @ 60 fps and use the white balance with my grey card. For some reason, I can't choose the RAW option in ML video mode. Also, when I shoot with all the effects in ML, I can see it as I am live recording, but I can't see it in playback mode and when I download it to my computer, it doesn't have the ML effects on it. If you can point be to the right thread that has already answered this, it would be great, or if you can answer these questions, that would make my day. Thanks.

ASF

BASSPRO

Full-resolution silent pictures
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12523

Has anyone compiled this for the 700D/T5i? It looks pretty awesome.

ThankMeLater

i read the whole thread but stll did not understand what this full-resolution silent pictures will give to us  :o

Im not really into the technical aspects of our babys :D

Can you explain me the advantages and if it is also an advantage for videomode (as im only shooting videos atm)

jan_cgn

I have a question about ML on my 700D:

I have a SanDisk 16 GB UHS-I 80mb/sec. that doesn't allow me to shoot in 1080. Anyway, 1280x720 is fine, but would it be possible to shoot at higher res. with an UHS II 280mb/sec. card?

Is there any way to get the display work in fullscreen, when schooting at 720? It's really annoying to have the image cropped in LV.

Walter Schulz

700D supports UHS-I. But the card's card interface is limited to about 40 MByte/s.
UHS-II support is not possible.

wyrlyn

Any update status on 700D (or 650D) manual audio controls process? Just like on 600D.
Thanks!

tmcdanel

First i apologize because i think my answer is in the thread somewhere, but i am on a super sloooow satellite connection and could not look at every page.

I am on the verge of buying a 700D/T5i, instead of a T4i, but i use ML A Lot. The thread starts last year in June with the recommendation that it is too unstable to depend on for daily shooting and a complied download for amateurs like me was not available. (I would have to learn how to compile it.)

Is it stable enough to depend on most of the time?

Is a link available for a compiled download for Canon 700D T5i ML?
Magic Lantern Nightly 700D114 build 2016-06-13
Canon Rebel T5i (1.1.3) 700D - EFS 18-135mm & 18-55mm & 300mm lenses
MacBook Pro OSX 10.9 Mavericks

wyrlyn

I use it every day since I bought the camera, and it's stable enough for me (no crash for 1 month yet).

BASSPRO

I've been using ML since I acquired my T5i and I haven't had any hassles at all. Used daily on various projects.

godashram

it seems stable enough for most people, myself included. you can download it from the nightly builds (700D)
Canon T5I, EOS M2

WurST1337

Hey,

I have installed Magic Lantern.... It runs ... But.... If I change the settings for exampel: Focus Peak ON....in video mode...
It doesn´t work.... Nothing changed....

What can I do?

wyrlyn

At first you have to activate all overlay modules (liveview included) and change the liveview to ML mode by clicking on INFO button several times.

tmcdanel

There is no link to ML for T5i 700D on the download page.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/downloads.html

Can you download it compiled?
Where is the page?

If no, do you need a PC with Windows to compile it?
Magic Lantern Nightly 700D114 build 2016-06-13
Canon Rebel T5i (1.1.3) 700D - EFS 18-135mm & 18-55mm & 300mm lenses
MacBook Pro OSX 10.9 Mavericks

godashram

Quote from: tmcdanel on July 16, 2014, 05:59:51 PM
There is no link to ML for T5i 700D on the download page.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/downloads.html

Can you download it compiled?
Where is the page?

If no, do you need a PC with Windows to compile it?

it's in the nightlies,  a bit lower down on the main download page.
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/
Canon T5I, EOS M2

jlahham

Hey guys,
Is there a way to record audio with RAW? I still can't resolve the pinkdots problem with MLV so I'm sticking to RAW.

Thanks

Walter Schulz

External recorder only.

CoolBlueDog

Hi, I've been playing with ML (magiclantern-Nightly.2014Jul18.700D113) and have discovered that when you try and use the usual playback to review a photo and try and zoom in the zoom button zooms too full extents immediately whereas on the normal camera it zooms in 2x (or whatever the steps are) each time.

I'll keep playing with it and let you know of anything else I find.  Great job BTW.  :)

mk11174

Quote from: CoolBlueDog on July 19, 2014, 01:01:47 AM
Hi, I've been playing with ML (magiclantern-Nightly.2014Jul18.700D113) and have discovered that when you try and use the usual playback to review a photo and try and zoom in the zoom button zooms too full extents immediately whereas on the normal camera it zooms in 2x (or whatever the steps are) each time.

I'll keep playing with it and let you know of anything else I find.  Great job BTW.  :)
you just need to go to image review settings in ml menu and change it from zoom 100% to maybe fast zoom
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

wyrlyn

Am i wrong or something? I tried to play with exp.sim ON and it should get 1/25 and 1/8000 rates in movie mode. 1/8000 works well but 1/25 doesn't seems to. Any solutions?

krisdeak

Hey Guys

I only recently discovered that our dear 700D has seamless exposure compensation when using the DOF preview button.
I'm talking about the effect shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdaiT5qwJec

So basically, it has the ability of jumping between f1.4 and f7.0 without any noticeable change in exposure.

My big question: do you think it's possible to achieve the same functionality while recording?
(i.e. to have an assigned button or the DOF button itself triggering stop down and working together with this seamless exposure compensation?)
I have a music video in my plans that would utilise this effect, but it's very difficult to achieve any other way...

What are your thoughts?