Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevedraw

@ A1ex Thanks for link to previous post explaining LCD menu. I had read that one before but checked I had set all the parameters correctly by the post again and noticed that everything was perfect. Then I read the bit about face sensor above viewfinder and figured it out. you have to move your thumb back and over tiny sensor, which I must admit I didn't see, to toggle menu! Thanks again!

me.n.khof4sh

Hey guys. Is it impossible to get headphone monitoring on 700D?

Znehr

Hey guys,

what is the easiest way to remove the focus pixel in raw? I need a solution that works with mac. I've spend a lot of time now with research, but still I havn't found out how to fix it. I know there are programms like "PinkDotRemover" but they only work on windows. Would be great if you could give me a simple and quick advise.

Thank you! :)

atpt

With ML and
Global Draw OFF
and Manual Focus
You can have a 700D with Clean HDMI out

hyamjamie

Hi, I am new to ML and generally using DSLRs. Just purchased a 700D which came with firmware 1.1.5; is it safe/possible to downgrade to 1.1.4 or is there possibility of damage to the camera through this process?
If not then I may just have to wait it out to shoot video until an update is released if there is a possibility of that.

Dihelson

Hello, Walter Schulz:

"1: No. Go to http://pel.hu/eoscard and download firmware 1.1.4.
2: RAW/MLV: Continuous recording.
H.264: You will loose some frames at 29:59.
Or use external HDMI recorder"

Hello, Walter, how are you ? It´s been a long time since I used my cameras along with Magic Lantern.I have some Canon 700D which are still using firmware 1.1.3. Reading your reply sbove, raised some questions:

01 - With firmware 1,1,3 will I have RAW/MLV continuous recording ?
02 - I intend to use my camera with an external HDMI recorder, or cpture card. Indeed, I used some time ago, but the problem is that it shuts down at 30 minutes or so. This "continuous recording" you mentioned can be used to record not internaly, but externaly through HDMI without interruption ? At 1080p on output ? using firmware 1.1.3 ? In order to upgrade my firmware to 1.1.4, should I uninstall Magic lantern first, format the card, upgrade firmware to 1.1.4 and so, make a fresh instalation of the latest Magic Lantern ?

Thank you in advance !

Canon 5D Mark II, 700D, Panasonic Fz200 | Canon 24-70mm f2.8L | 17-40mm f4.0L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | 50mm f1.8 | Blackmagic, Avermedia 4K cards

dfort

Quote from: hyamjamie on December 30, 2016, 12:44:11 PM
...it safe/possible to downgrade to 1.1.4 or is there possibility of damage to the camera through this process?
If not then I may just have to wait it out to shoot video until an update is released if there is a possibility of that.

It is safe as long as you start with a freshly charged battery. Pretty much the worse that can happen is to interrupt the firmware update process by running out of juice.

There's no way to forecast if/when an ML update will be available for 1.1.5 and then you will still need to run the firmware update process to install it so what are you waiting for?

gabew_34

hey guys i was re-installing ML today, i had it before but it was a build from July 9th. I thought it would be a good time to format so i did. I installed the new unzipped nightly files for January 27th 2017. i followed all steps and whenever i went to update the software in the camera to activate ML bootflag and boot up it read the following message "Memory card containing firmware is required to update". I even tried using older builds, as well as downloading new canon 1.1.4 software to the card which allowed me to update the card but no ML. plz help i want my magic lantern back :'(

Walter Schulz

Format card in cam.
Copy extracted nightly build content to card and don't forget ML-SETUP.FIR!
Run firmware upgrade.

nicT

Hey guys. First off, hats off to the devs and the guys who make ML what it is.
So I installed ML, 2016Nov10 Build on a 700D running 1.1.4 sometime late last year and so far so good.
Today I noticed a bug of sorts, although not exactly life threatening. When I switch to movie mode or live view
with the screen flipped out and facing the front, everything on the display appears mirrored. If I flip the screen
to face the rear then back, it fixes the orientation automatically. I've tried to recreate the problem in various other ways
and it doesn't happen any other time other than when switching from regular camera mode to Live View or Movie mode
and the screen is already flipped out and turned to face the front.
Here's a picture of it.

dfort

Got the crop_rec module working on the 700D. If anyone want to play around with it I posted a build that includes 10bit/12bit recording on my bitbucket download page:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=17021.msg179368#msg179368

Still a work in progress. I just copied over the settings from the EOSM pull request so it doesn't have all the functions that the 5D3 version has.

More information about this on the Crop mode recording (crop_rec.mo) (1:1, RAW/H.264, 25/30/50/60 fps) topic.

dfort

Hey @nicT -- The bug is when the flip out screen doesn't appear mirrored. Found this on an official Canon website:

QuoteDuring Live View shooting or movie shooting, facing the LCD monitor toward the subject will display a mirror image on the screen.

Also on the official Canon websites you may have noticed that firmware version 1.1.4, which is the version supported by Magic Lantern, isn't available for download. It has been replaced with 1.1.5:

QuoteFirmware Version 1.1.5 incorporate the following fix:

Corrects a phenomenon in which when using the camera with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM or EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens, even if lens aberration correction is set to "Enable", correction will not be applied.

In fact several cameras got this same update. There was a similar firmware update for the EOSM and since someone already did it and posted a pull request I thought I'd give it a try on the 700D and guess what, it wasn't that difficult. I was thinking about posting a how-to in case users who own the other cameras want to attempt it.

If you want the first kid on the block to try it out - make sure you've got your camera's boot flag set until a1ex makes an ML-SETUP.FIR for it. Run the firmware update and try it out. I posted a build on my bitbucket download area: [EDIT - a1ex made the new ML-SETUP.FIR]

https://bitbucket.org/daniel_fort/magic-lantern/downloads

Here's the pull request:

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-requests/813/update-to-700d115/diff

Felipe

Great can you do the one for the 65D, T4i?
650D-700D

mvrck

Hello, everyone! Got a 700D with 1.1.4 FW here and I'm willing to cooperate for testing things out. I'm very interested in this 'crop mode' and it's potential to get RAW video with enough resolution to upscale to 1080p with good results). I tried this build: "magiclantern-crop_rec.2017Jan31.700D114" and it works, however, I can't seem to get rid of the focus dots in MLVProducer (latest rev. 2722 alpha). They appear even in h264 video, if crop mode is enabled. Here's a screenshot:

dfort

Sorry, I don't have access to a 650D / T4i camera. When I get some time I'll write up a tutorial on how to do it.

If you are able to compile ML and can figure out one of the many methods of doing a disassembly on a ROM1.BIN file, do one disassembly of your current firmware and use the Portable ROM dumper to get a ROM1.BIN of the updated firmware and disassemble it too. The rest is looking up changes. Check out the EOSM and 700D pull requests to see where you're likely to encounter changes on your camera.

Felipe

Thank you is because I noticed with the 100D update , the focus tracking became more efficient.
So I think the same will happen with this one.
650D-700D

kd503_b

Hi, i have installed MagicLantern  and MLV raw, i have set the resolution to 1280x720 and the raw video works excellent! But my liveview is cropped around 2 times. And it is really hard to see, especially when i use manual lens. Is there any way to remove that crop and use the whole screen when i am recording raw video?

burgerkrieg

Good evening,

First, thanks DFort for this build, I've installed it but didn't managed to actually make it usable in Crop mode, the MLV output is squeezed horizontally, perhaps i've messed up the settings.I have tested the RAW capabilities of the 700D for 2 months now so I have the basic notions but I encounter one persistent error, no matter what resolutions or format I choose (MLV or RAW):
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[87] raw_rec_task: NULL PTR (80c3e100,e1a00000)
pc=    ce28 lr=    ce28 stack=1abdd0+0x1000
entry=ae9620(0)
e1a00000 e59ff014 e59ff014 e59ff014
e59ff014 e1a00000 e59ff010 e59ff010
[87] raw_rec_task: NULL PTR (80c3e100,e1a00000)
pc=    ce28 lr=    ce28 sta

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2017Jan31.700D114
Mercurial changeset   : d947ff9d0a8e (crop_rec-700D_experiments) tip
Built on 2017-01-31 18:31:49 UTC by rosiefort@RosieFoComputer.
Free Memory  : 119K + 2973K
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sorry if I post this in the wrong place.

One question: can I use "Movie crop mode" (the old one) in conjunction with "Silent picture"?Basically i want to use the 3X magnification in photo mode.Thanks

mvrck

@burgerkrieg When you open the .mlv file in MLVProducer, make sure to check 'Scale 3X5'. That should fix the squished footage when using crop mode. I just want to ask, do you have the same problem with focusing pixels as I have (see above)?

dfort

Focus Pixels? Ahhhhhh!!!!!!

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16054.0

Eventually all of the apps that process MLV files should be able to deal with the focus pixels.

Ok--I'll admit I'm a little behind on this but crop mode has introduced yet another interesting focus pixel pattern. This is cutting edge stuff so if you are using the "crop mode" module on the 700D you'll have to swap out the fpm file in MLVFS with the one posted in my ML Focus Pixel project. I updated my fpm.sh script so Danne's  cr2hdr.app will probably be able to handle 700D crop_rec files very soon.

Quote from: burgerkrieg on February 13, 2017, 06:11:24 PM
...the MLV output is squeezed horizontally, perhaps i've messed up the settings...

The LiveView squeezed horizontally (or stretched vertically) is "normal" but they shouldn't look stretched or squeezed after being processed into dng files.

As far as those raw_rec errors, exactly what steps are you taking? I can't seem to be able to reproduce that error.

Also note that we're trying to hit a moving target because mlv-lite is now included in the nightly builds and I'll be updating the 700D crop_rec build soon.

One thing that probably needs to be discussed in the crop_rec topic is how useful are the other crop_rec formats? So far I only included the EOSM features which are supposed to make up for the lack of mv1080 mode on that camera.

Danne

Updated cr2hdr.app so if including 700D files a question will pop out if you have filmed with crop_rec or not. Should work with the mlvfs workflow as well included into cr2hdr.app.
Feel free to test and report. Don,t have any 700D files to test out.
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/cr2hdr

dfort

Quote from: Danne on February 14, 2017, 01:10:34 AM
Don,t have any 700D files to test out.

You do now  :D

Looks fine, at least just like the EOSM crop_rec files which is stretched vertically but focus pixels are gone. Like I said, this is experimental stuff.

nicT

Hey @dfort

Thank you for that. I've read up a bit on it and I don't think that the mirrored screen bug
is anything to worry about. It  doesn't seem to affect anything else and it's just but a very
minor inconvenience, if we can call it that. Something I can live with. I think I'll stick to 1.1.4
so that I can continue playing around with ML.
I'm updating to the latest build as of today (Build 2017Feb19) and see what more I can do
with ML, and give feedback to help improve the builds.
I really appreciate what the devs are doing for the EOS community.

hyamjamie

Just started using ML for 700D on 1.1.5, absolutely loving it especially the RAW video