Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanx

Hello guys, is the Magic Zoom working with the latest build on 700d? Thanks!

actionping

josephjino

Hi folks,

I am a newbie in the ML Forum.
Have been following ML for past 6 months and finally installed it on my 700D yesterday :).
My few queries to the members:

1. I am using the stock Lexar 8GB Class 10 card. Not sure because of this, I tried to record RAW in 720p, the liveview went to crop mode on its own, with some area in the screen clipped off. Also the movie stopped in 3 seconds. Is it because of the SD Card??

2. I saw two modules: MLV and RAW for movie recording. What is the difference between two and which one is more advisable?

3. The magiczoom box is flickering while in liveview, plus I do not see any green focus confirmation as had read somewhere in the forums.

4.With under 15 minutes of usage, my camera temp. rose to 53`C. Is this normal..

Please shed light on the above...
Canon EOS 700D / Canon 18-135 IS STM f 3.5-5.6 Lens/ Yongnuo 568 EX II Speedlite / Canon 50mm f 1.8 prime Lens/ Nikon S8100-Old baby

Vanx

Regarding the "Magic Zoom" you are confirming that even with the latest builds.. it still doesn't work, I read in the past that there is a problem with the 700d updated sensor, so this function will not work.

nikfreak

Sorry to sound a bit rude but you should consider placing your queries also to the search function - be it a google search or the site search. Most of your questions have been already covered:

1. try another card. 720p should be continous. use the benchmark to get your write speeds
2. atm raw_rec for 700D with a sdcard been benchmarked in cam ~39MB/s.
3. post your flickering issue at bitbucket providing a link to a short sample video made with your smartphone. No green confirmation box for 700D available.
4. I Iike the efforts being put into temperature display but this one confuses people. I vote for eliminating it completely and keeping only raw values in debug menu.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Walter Schulz

Remark to 1.):
And use ExFAT file system.
- Format card in cardreader and run installation once again.

Don't format card in camera after that or you will get FAT32 again.
Solution for this issue is in development (but no ETA. ETA not available at all in ML development).

josephjino

@nikfreak..thanks for the info, I will see to that forum gets used for more serious issues.
@Walter Schulz..thanks for the help, I will try ExFAT system. Anyways I am buying a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB 90Mb/s. Will try it and infer the results.
Canon EOS 700D / Canon 18-135 IS STM f 3.5-5.6 Lens/ Yongnuo 568 EX II Speedlite / Canon 50mm f 1.8 prime Lens/ Nikon S8100-Old baby

bsolah

Dumb questions. This is my first time using ML.

How do I know it's installed? It kind of looks the same though I think there's some settings there that weren't there before. I turned the camera on and off when it said restart.

Also, am trying to use my camera to livestream. Someone said if I installed ML I could remove all the stupid display things to get a clean feed. How do I do that?

bsolah

Ok, after looking around it appears I probably haven't installed it properly. It tells me to restart the camera so I turn it on and off again and it seems the same as it was....

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> User Guide -> Install Guide/FAQ

bsolah

Ohhhhhhh, missed that bit totally. It wasn't there when you installed it. That helps heaps, can now remove the liveview overlays and changing my settings seems to help with the livestream stuff. Only issue now is the stream seems to flicker every few seconds.

savend

Hello!,
I'm french! I have installed ML on my 700d but i didn't found the audio menu (very important)! I have found a video, it explain how have this menu on the 700D but I'm not spain... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8dj45lPlKY
Every one know how have this very important menu? Thanks ++

mk11174

As in the video you linked to, you would need to load the mlv_sound module with mlv_rec, after you turn them on and reboot your camera, the audio menu will show up because it will now have something to put in there, which will be mlv_sound which will allow audio recording while recording raw video with mlv_rec. This will be used in movie mode, not photo mode.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

savend

Ok, thanks, but it is impossible to have the auto gain control and some other preference on 700d? I have the sizzle with my extern micro! :/

Arlunwyr

MagicZoom working for me, kind of..flickers a lot and has no focus confirm. I understand this is a limitation of the camera, though?

[email protected]

Hello everyone!

Please tell me there in the new firmware function Movie crop mode?
The problem with the focal points is solved?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: [email protected] on June 23, 2016, 06:20:49 PM
Please tell me there in the new firmware function Movie crop mode?

https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features
Crop_mode hack refers to H.264
Crop mode in RAW/MLV is implemented for all cams supporting RAW/MLV video.

Quote from: [email protected] on June 23, 2016, 06:20:49 PM
The problem with the focal points is solved?
http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16054.0
Give MLP and MLVFS a try.

edmundo_vn

Hi.

I'm using Magic Lantern for a while and actually I can view the graphics overlays in image review mode (or quickreview or whatever it's called the image that appears just after the picture is taken), then if I get out of that screen and press play, it goes to the default image review mode of the camera that don't have the overlays. I saw a video on youtube that someone appears to be using a Canon 5D MkII and he presses the picture style button to show the overlays. As I understood the 5D uses that button because it doesn't have the Q button (quick control), but the 700D has the Q button and the picture style button. In 700D que Q button calls a "shooting function settings" screen when pressed in image review mode, and the picture style button seems to only be used to go down when you zoom the image.

Is there any way to show the overlays in image review mode anytime in 700D?

Regards

radarsski

I'm sorry if I didn't get to the right place on the forums for the question I have but I am new to the forums. I have a brand new t5i and it is running 1.1.4 firmware. I have heard nothing but good about ML and I am anxious to use it installed in my camera. I was just reading a blog on planet5d site and they highly recommend ML. At the same time I am hearing guys with the 5D and other very spendy cameras saying to run ML from the card. There are also people talking about bricking their cameras, which I am assuming means they froze up their camera. You are the folks I want to talk to about this as I would love to use many of your features but I am kind of leary of screwing up my camera. If someone gets the time, please tell me the best way to use ML and if I should be worried about a t5i brick. I am fairly computer savvy and can install and run programs and follow instructions. I just need a reassuring voice telling me that ML is as awesome as I hear it is. 
Thanx, Radarsski  8)

yonarod

As I can see the volume control menu?

maskednil

Well radarsski, I have a t5i as well and I have been using ML since Oct 2015. Never had a problem with it other than some small errors like the screen being mirrored. Or sometimes bars and overlays get stuck. Easily solvable with a simple restart of the camera. I did encounter a softbrick once (blue screen of death. This ain't Windows camera!) but that was caused as I used a custom overlay that wasn't compatible with ML. Worked okay once I disable/deleted it. ML is worth it and since it's a hack it ain't perfect. You gotta be slow with it and take your time. Rushing it will only cause these small annoying problems.  There is obviously a learning curve involved and I do think it's worth it especially for the RAW/MLV recording. Focus peaking is really helpful for run and gun photography. Another great addition is the color temperature which is manually selectable. With the overlays you can use the viewfinder to compose your shots more effectively. There is the customary rule of third and golden ratio overlays that comes with ML. The zebra lines, histogram and waveform are god send! Really helps with composing shots. Especially for video shooting. Google and Youtube will be your friends. Hope you enjoy it!

derus001

Hi everyone!

I'm kind oF new in the ML world but I've been getting along pretty well and I love it!

But I want to clean up my footage more,
how do I get rid of the noise in my raw video footage?

I use After effects and Premiere pro on my Macbook pro

I made the video with an ISO 6400 set (not Dual iso)

when i shoot videos in bright daylight the clips turn out fine, but the darker the environment the more noise i get on the footage, Is there any good way to go around this? Preset in camera/ post production? 

Thanks!

PS. I have a 700D

nikfreak

Can someone please test for me:

enable fps override in LV and take a picture. Does 700D return from QR to LV if fps override is enabled?

mk11174

Yes, depending what time amount I have it set in Canon, it reviews image then comes back to LV.

If I try some weird setting like say set fps to 5fps, but shutter to 1/200, it shows a brighter LV then 1/200, but not as bright as if it was set to 1/5 from being set to 5fps.

If I then take a picture, it will review, then come back to LV, for like 1 second show a live view exposed at 1/5 because its obviously much brighter, but then settles and shows the live view exposed as it was before I took picture.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

nikfreak

thanx for letting me know.