What PICTURE STYLE to use while recording RAW

Started by Kabuto1138, May 29, 2013, 09:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kabuto1138

Hey guys, maybe this was covered somewhere else, but I can't find this topic anywhere. 

I wanted to hear your thoughts on what Picture Style are you guys using to shoot RAW.  I am having a difficult time trying to get the raw images as close as I can to what I'm seeing in the monitor of my 5d2.  I know color is not an issue since this is the main reason we are all celebrating RAW thanks to the ML team.  But even with the histogram, I want to expose in every aspect as close as I can to my RAW files while shooting. 

I am currently shooting on Portrait, it might be the closest I get in RAW.

Thanks

ozcancelik

We are shooting RAW video and still talking about picture profiles. What a shame! :)

Kabuto1138

Quote from: ozcancelik on May 29, 2013, 09:51:20 PM
We are shooting RAW video and still talking about picture profiles. What a shame! :)

jeje, i know right?

But is just to monitor what you are getting.

a1ex

I would try landscape with sharpness at maximum, instead of focus peaking ;)

Kabuto1138

Quote from: a1ex on May 29, 2013, 10:17:07 PM

Thanks Alex

hjfilmspeed

Ha ha thats what i have been doing since picture style doesnt effect the image. When PS did matter sharping, in cam was considered ugly but now that the picture style obviously doesnt effect the RAW, bumping up the sharpening helps you focus. I LOVE IT!!!

a1ex

You can even go further and try some cartoon effects, they shouldn't be visible on raw.

togg

Thanks, I'll try this.