Author Topic: (Auto) ETTR (Exposure to the Right): -- History & Beginners Guide  (Read 402600 times)

UncleChip

• New to the forum
Re: (Auto) ETTR (Exposure to the Right): -- History & Beginners Guide
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2016, 11:54:10 PM »
hi
just getting my head around this so sorry if its basic stuff,

canon 5dmkii,
using the set button i get an "ettr failed" message no matter what settings i change, it is working in snap and always on mode,

when you have the link to dual-iso feature enabled switched on, am i correct in my understanding that it will only use the dual-iso feature if required? for this i am thinking of workflow, if half a set of images are dual-iso and half are not,
Canon 70D (ML 70D.111A - Beta-3c) Canon 5dMKII

ironmarshal

• New to the forum
« Reply #226 on: July 01, 2017, 04:41:38 AM »
If I'm understanding this correctly, the ETTR function adjusts both shutter and ISO. You set the minimum shutter speed in the settings and it determines the optimal settings. How does this compare to setting both shutter and aperture and using Auto ISO from an image quality perspective?

aulden

• Just arrived
« Reply #227 on: November 10, 2017, 11:16:12 AM »
Im having issues with ETTR set to always on when using the new 3.5k mode (5x zoom) in  the experimental croprec build. It doesnt adjust.

Any ideas? Setting it to "SET" works fine but i noticed that it zooms out from the 5x, then back. Perhaps its not compatible with zoomed liveview recording modes?

Im using the 5D III and magiclantern-crop_rec_4k.2017Oct16.5D3113