60D RAW video - it's working !!!

Started by marekk, May 24, 2013, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior

Quote from: comurit on October 05, 2013, 04:54:34 PM
Hi all, I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I have recorded my first raw video, shot@1472x828 with a 16GB sandisk Extreme 45MB's*  at this resolution I had 146 frames.
My question is:
I have noticed that when I converted the raw files with RAWMagic 1.0 app to dng there are hot pixels, when converting to tiff files using ACR they aren't there anymore.
But unfortunately when I processed this video
few hot pixel blu and red are noticed.
What Am i doing wrong?
Thanks very much , I have read all the 40 pages but still I can get rid of this problem.
I must miss something, I have installed on my canon 60d the latest new build, is there some other settings to change.
Please let me know!!!
Keep up the good work

use raw2dng and you have lucky to get  146 frames

junior

Quote from: Marsu42 on October 05, 2013, 02:39:39 PM
Impressive what you can get from 140 frames - but still, it is kinda short, I really wouldn't recommend the 60d for raw shooting with the limitation, esp. with the older 50d being much more capable, not to mention the 7d.

yahh it's true but this chance to shoot raw using 60D is a big help for my all short clips projects.

junior

Quote from: a1ex on October 05, 2013, 03:39:26 PM
So, this is the strong point of 60D, compared to the other SD cameras from the same generation. If you already have one, I think it's a good idea to exploit this style (short clips); after a while, when you get confortable with the workflow and start getting good results with this limitation, you may consider upgrading (50D, 5D3, C500, BMCC, RED or whatever other camera that shoots raw and fits your needs and budget).

Thanks  :)

Paddi

Hey!
I loaded the the autoexec.bin file along with the modules in the ML directory and I am able to see the raw_rec file in my camera, but when I try to load it it says " module will be loaded with the next REBOOT"
Im fairly new to the Raw Builds and would appreciate any help
Thanks

junior

Quote from: Paddi on October 06, 2013, 05:16:07 AM
Hey!
I loaded the the autoexec.bin file along with the modules in the ML directory and I am able to see the raw_rec file in my camera, but when I try to load it it says " module will be loaded with the next REBOOT"
Im fairly new to the Raw Builds and would appreciate any help
Thanks

after you enable the raw_rec . . just restart your camera and it will be ready to rec RAW

Paddi

Thanks @junior!
Also, I have a SanDisk 80MB/s SD card, but I am still not able to surpass recording resolution of 768x384 at 14.7MB/s
Any help?

Can

What do you have the Canon menus set to? If you bring the video resolution to 720 and disable RAW in the image res options it will improve your frame count.

Paddi

Paddi

Also, is anyone able to get more than 720p resoulution, if so, how?

Marsu42

Quote from: Paddi on October 06, 2013, 11:07:58 PM
Also, is anyone able to get more than 720p resoulution, if so, how?

If you care to read through the answers: The write speed of the 60d is severely limited, the higher the resolution, the less frames you'll get - above 720p most likely is not practical, but no one is preventing you to set it and get a couple of higher-res frames.

Paddi

fredzan

Here's my video with this firmware https://vimeo.com/76396510
Canon 60d
sigma 17-50mm 2.8
magic lantern latest build
card: Transcent SD HC 16 Gb Class 10
shot@1280x720

Writes on the card at 1280x720 - 195-200 frames

vertigopix

comurit

comurit

atideno

hi,

just installed magic lantern for the first time today - new to it all.
OK the intial 60D raw autoexec & modules (update number one from may 24th) I can make work - essentially i can shoot raw now. However I've been trying to add the latest updated (#12) but for some reason it doesn't work if i follow the instructions (on page 1). Anything i need to do differently with the autoexec & modules of update #12 compared to update #1?

As for the error: I do get to 'Load Modules now' but when I press it says "Modules already loaded" however raw_rec stays off and so do the other modules. Any advice?

Regards,
Dennis

kunle

370 Frames
1280x720
Sandisk Extreme Pro 16gb 95mb/s
Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 VC
Workflow
RawMagic
Davinci Resolve10 beta
FCPX

610 Frames
1280x582
Sandisk Extreme Pro 16gb 95mb/s
Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 VC
Workflow
Rawmagic
After effects CS6
FCPX
Canons 5D MK III and 60D all with ML, Samyang 35 mm f/1.4,Samyang 85mm, Tamron 17-50mm vc, canon 70-200 L f4, Sigma 10-20m, SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4.Sigma 50mm f1.4 art, Canon 24-105mm.

atideno

hi,

does the histogram (rgb) change at all when shooting raw? anything i need to watch out for?
feel like i have too strongly underexposed shots even though I did watch the histogram.

Thanks

atideno

Quote from: atideno on October 14, 2013, 04:44:44 PM
hi,

does the histogram (rgb) change at all when shooting raw? anything i need to watch out for?
feel like i have too strongly underexposed shots even though I did watch the histogram.
Edit: would be great if the histogram would adjust based on the chosen aspect ratio and thus show colours&exposure within the actual frame - rather than whole lcd screen

Thanks

MercifulOne

Been using the ML RAW Hack for some time now and I still can't believe it! What a beast! Thanks so much Magic Lantern for all you do! R.I.P. crappy compressed H.264 video

Recently I was on my honeymoon in AZ. Shot a few clips while we were out there using the RAW Hack.
Let me know what you guys think. Would greatly appreciate it.
Full res RAW 1728x972, FPS override 2FPS, Sandisk 16gb 95mb's cards, and some GoPro shots mixed in

https://vimeo.com/76955788

Flocksock

teecee

Hi every one

I haven't being visiting this website for a while i just download the latest build but every time i upload modules it wont load them up on my camera can anyone help me please

QuoteUPDATE #12
Compiled 01-09-2013
- raw_rec, ettr, fileman, picview, autoexpo, DUAL ISO
- lv_af_raw in raw_rec menu
- global draw enable/disable in raw_rec menu
- black bars enable/disable

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jiq5wuzwp6igyi/ml60d_01_09_2013.zip