- added project management
- cleanup
- added button icons
- increased reliability
- warnings for known issues with path length

ToDo:
- File Spanning Support
- Raw2Dng conversion success check routine

My goal is to make this the only software you need on set to save your files off your CF cards.
You select your source (CF Reader) and destination directory, Batchelor creates a folder structure for each card, and each file.
The idea is, you leave BATCHelor running on your notebook (hibernate, if neccessary) and each time you have a new card, just press "GO!". :)

with thumbnails and optional lossy/lossless DNG compression
TIP: try lossy! It's a great difference in size (sometimes reduction to 30%) but looks the same!
(after successfully copying your files, because we know you need your CF card back ;) )
you can name your files and number the cards.

for info on RAW2GPCF (Cineform) installation, please refer to http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5479.0

Any Questions will be answered here.

Bug Reports:
Please contact me via PM, providing a sample of affected files. This is the only way to fix some problems.

*Remember this is a Beta! Please post suggestions and problems here. Old version can be found under the same link.* :D

saint33d

Hey buddy, made an account to say thanks. This is exactly what i needed, couldn't seem to make thumbnails work though.

fatpig

Hi, I appreciate it. :)

For thumbnails (in this version, that is) do the following:
1. install imagemagick.
2. go to your program files/imagemagick and copy the complete folder to Batchelors folder.
so you got
batchelor/imagemagick/imagemagick.exe

hope it works for you. I can implement another method maybe in the future.

DCRaw is now our preview tool. No action on your side required. :)

saint33d

I got it working thanks, is there anyway of getting the thumbnail before the conversion ?

fatpig

I could try to implement a function like this, but why?

saint33d

Well it would be nice to see which clip youre converting before you do it. If its too hard it doesn't really matter this is what ill be using for my conversions.

Levinson

Quote from: saint33d on May 24, 2013, 05:14:12 PM
Hey buddy, made an account to say thanks.

Have just done the same. Thank you Fatpig :) 

Will test and let you know how it goes.
5d3, 5d2 & 550d

3pointedit

fatpig, this looks really cool. Is it portable or do i have to install this and imagemagick? Would like to distribute it around some work PCs so they can chug away in downtime( no admin rights for install).
550D on ML-roids

fatpig

Hey, my app is portable, unfortunately Imagemagick is not...
If you can recommend another free (commandline usable, which is most of them)  - utility which reads DNGs, I would be happy to change that.

@saint33d:
how would that look? are you thinking of a kind of internal file browser?
or just the folder structure built up before the actual conversion, already with the folder.jpgs created?

3pointedit

Oh cool, well RawTherapee comes portable with a command line entry. I have opened 5DmkIII DNG files with it. I guess other size frames will work too?
550D on ML-roids

pacman829

any way to set this to run in the windows background ..

When i set it to convert it always pops up in front of other windows when it starts a new file
5mkII User

mjneubrander

DCRaw is small portable and reads the DNG files nicely

fatpig

I will look at the options for DCraw and RawTherapee.
I can also add a checkbox for hiding the conversion progress.

EDIT: DCRaw seems like a lot better of an option :)

fatpig

Hello guys, I'm at home right now, I tried to implement DCraw and the hide feature, but i dont have a .RAW file here for testing right now.
If anyone would upload a small .RAW file for me to work with I would appreciate it.

Thanks

fatpig

thanks, but obviously noone uploads unconverted .RAW files. all are DNG. I need the source to test the conversion process.. :)

renevg

Hi,
looks like good idea, but I can't seem to get raw2dng_batchelor working. I didn't install imagemagick. Do I have to?
I put RAw2dng in same folder as batchelor, created a folder with raw files and pulled that into the top box. it started creating folders but with nothing in it.

Northernlight

Quote from: fatpig on May 24, 2013, 05:36:26 PM
Hi, I appreciate it. :)

For thumbnails (in this version, that is) do the following:
1. install imagemagick.
2. go to your program files/imagemagick and copy the complete folder to Batchelors folder.
so you got batchelor/imagemagick/imagemagick.exe

hope it works for you. I can implement another method maybe in the future.

Hi, can not get imagemagick "installed", can not find any imagemagick.exe file, and I do not have any Visual IDE studio installed (as described on imagemagick site).. How do I proceed? Extracting imagemagick zip file into your folder does not help..

fatpig

@renevg:
tried running it as admin?
tried putting your files somewhere simple? (like C:\test\)

@Northernlight:
The installer for imagemagick is not exactly my area.. if you have it installed there will be a shortcut to the imagemagick.exe inside your start menu folder.

I think soon we will not need Imagemagick anymore. :)
DCRaw implementation was successful, wait some days. :)

3pointedit

Oh, I don't have access to Admin rights on the PCs I can use (no imagemagick for me). Will DCraw be a portable component in your app?
550D on ML-roids

renevg

Quote from: fatpig on May 28, 2013, 07:56:02 PM
@renevg:
tried running it as admin?
tried putting your files somewhere simple? (like C:\test\)
:) Well that did the trick. Didn't need running as admin, but putting files somewhere simple. Had spaces in foldernames and now I don't anymore. Great. Your tool can save a lot of time and boring actions. Now we can do what we want to do...filming and actual editing. Thanks.

Quote from: Northernlight on May 28, 2013, 11:41:45 AM
Hi, can not get imagemagick "installed", can not find any imagemagick.exe file, and I do not have any Visual IDE studio installed (as described on imagemagick site).. How do I proceed? Extracting imagemagick zip file into your folder does not help..
btw I had this same problem. Installing imagemagick one needs to be programmer  :( .  even though they speek of an windows install version that should do the trick, it doesn't. to bad.

fatpig

Hello guys, DCRaw will be included and portable.
It does not output jpg, so I am currently working a little longer on that.
We should see a release in the next week or so.
Until then I believe you have to be admin to install imagemagick..

fatpig

Surprise!

I had an idea and now it seems to be working. v1.2 out NOW! :)
As always, download from my website:
http://fatpigtures.com/software/

Let me know how it works for you.

3pointedit

Thank you fatpig that is great work. So happy to have a portable solution.
550D on ML-roids

bumkicho

So, it basically creates dng folders, uses raw2dng to extract dngs from raw, and uses dcraw to create thumbnails? Great work!