50D Raw video

Started by Andy600, May 22, 2013, 03:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogmydog

Quote from: vprocessing on September 18, 2013, 01:10:33 AM
AND AGAIN 1% ! WITH YOUR HELP AND KNOWLEDGE IT WORKED FOR ME !!!! Please send me a poster of you !

+1 lol
Opposite of Sex
www.oppositeofsex.com
Canon 50D, 60D and 7D

menoc

Quote from: vprocessing on September 18, 2013, 01:10:33 AM
Hexfiend (I'm on Mac) has a "text encoding" menu where you can choose ASCII(strict7bit).
It works !!!! 1% you're so great !!!!!
Indeed it works partially but it is my fault... I think I miss something...when you say change frame count it is about duration of the .RAW...?
The converted wrong file (4,29GB)  has given the same duration (number of dngs) as the .RAW (1,64GB) that I've taken header from i.e. only 768 dngs from 4,29GB .RAW...
How can I get frame count easely??
My reference file is 1,64GB .RAW file = 768*2,4Mb = 1,87GB DNG folder... ?? my dngs are 1468/824 pix = 2,4Mb
Anyway... I made 4,29/2,4=1865,...
When I tried to have 1865 in hexfiend with 0749...it gave me a 4 785 920 frames in RAWmagic !!!!!!!!! I stopped it when I see strange pics and so I got my 4,91 GB folder with 2012 dngs from 4,29GB.RAW...

I found statman.info that can help for conversion with the same logic as Shield...but not totally...
hexfiend seems NOT to have same logic as Shield for ex
Shield : 9e 08 = 2206 frames  /// Hexfiend 9E08 = -25080 /// Stateman.info 2206 = 89e
Shield : 80 04 =1152 frames  /// Hexfiend 8004 = -32764 /// Stateman.info 1152 = 480

Anyway...NOW you all know I'm a looser/piece of... with math... :o... BUT I HAVE MY FILE !!!!!  8)
But I'm sure this can help others so I took the right to write...
AND AGAIN 1% ! WITH YOUR HELP AND KNOWLEDGE IT WORKED FOR ME !!!! Please send me a poster of you !

Why aren't your spanned files named sequencially? See this post, it might help you . . . BTW, that's good to know about using ascii .. .

Also, RAWMagic 1.0 beta 7b will recognize spanned files - so long as they are named correctly. Just drop the spanned files there.

http://theindieshooter.com/2013/09/17/magic-lantern-raw-how-to-merge-spanned-files-using-a-hex-editor/

joaomoutinho

Shutter problems.

I am having a huge problem controling shutter. It seems like whenever I change the ISO levels the shutter speed gets a different value.

What should I do? Ive already tried to lock the shutter when its in the disired value but as soon as I change the ISO everything is ruined again!

Really frustrated. Anyone had this issue? It is nervracking.

Andy600

Quote from: joaomoutinho on September 18, 2013, 11:10:50 AM
Shutter problems.

I am having a huge problem controling shutter. It seems like whenever I change the ISO levels the shutter speed gets a different value.

What should I do? Ive already tried to lock the shutter when its in the disired value but as soon as I change the ISO everything is ruined again!

Really frustrated. Anyone had this issue? It is nervracking.

Switch off ETTR and Auto Exposure if they are enabled.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

joaomoutinho

Quote from: Andy600 on September 18, 2013, 11:16:04 AM
Switch off ETTR and Auto Exposure if they are enabled.

They are both off... And I still have the problem. As soon as I change the ISO value, the shutterspeed value changes...

I cant shoot anything because of this problem! Any idea how to fix this?  Really anoying and frustrating issue!!   >:(

kichetof

Quote from: joaomoutinho on September 18, 2013, 01:53:15 PM
They are both off... And I still have the problem. As soon as I change the ISO value, the shutterspeed value changes...

I cant shoot anything because of this problem! Any idea how to fix this?  Really anoying and frustrating issue!!   >:(

Maybe Expo. Lock enable?

joaomoutinho

Quote from: kichetof on September 18, 2013, 02:31:18 PM
Maybe Expo. Lock enable?

Thank you very much for the help. The problem pressists. I will post pics of my ML settings, maybe that way it will be more easy to track down the problem and get, with your (forum) help, a solution.

Thank you very much on trying to help me with this issue!

kichetof

a1ex

Also expo override has a problem, since it's grayed out (the help text will tell you why).

joaomoutinho

Hum... I see! Although I have changed this settings (turned both off) and as soon as I change ISO levels the shutterspeed persists to change to... Not a clue on what is going wrong with my camera.

Maybe it is the camera that is bad! But is a canandrum... I have already thought that it was lens fault! Any other idea on solving this? I will try any and everything!

Thank you for being helping me! I am sure that we are going to sort this out!

joaomoutinho

I am going to post some pics where you can see what is happening... Please pay attencion to ISO an shutterspeed values. This happens every time.  Thank you for helping!

joaomoutinho

Quote from: a1ex on September 18, 2013, 03:24:09 PM
Also expo override has a problem, since it's grayed out (the help text will tell you why).

I have liveview enabled and it is greyd out... I thought it was supose to be that way! should I reinstall everything? Thank you a1ex

joaomoutinho

I think I solved it... In the canon menu, when you go to the submenu that activates "liveview mode" the option bellow "liveview" I set it off, and now I can change my ISO without changing the shutterspeed!

(exposure override is not greyd out any more  :) )

Thank you a lot guys!!

joaomoutinho

And the problems never end... I think I got a faulty card from KomputerBay... Going to send it back!  :( 

When doing the benchmark test on reading/writting, the camera freezes. here are some examples:

now its going to be a lot of waitting until I can shoot again =(  Although, in h.264 mode VBR mode at -16 it was running normaly. Raw it drops frames past around 1min

hope it helps if you are experiencing this kind of problem...

Andy600

What build are you using? If it's the latest Tragic Lantern with MLV and RAW recording, make sure only one is in use.

Have you disabled everything in the Canon menu (HTP, Noise Reduction etc etc) and selected a Jpeg setting (not raw)?

How long have you had the 50D and what's it's shutter count? (see debug menu)

I get Benchmark crashes occasionally but not had any problems recording EVER.

P.s. your pics are tiny. I can't make out any info. If you upload more please make them larger but keep them under 900px wide to keep within forum rules. You can also save screenshots using ML ;)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

1%

I've had the benchmark time out, doesn't matter. The benchmark != actual speed recording anyway.

Mkolaj

Hey guys!

Just joined the 50D club (400$). I have been reading this forum for 2 years now. I have been following the RAW development since the beginning. I read all about it.

My workflow so far: RAWanizer -> AE -> Premiere.

I love the image. I have to get used to image differences, exposing the RAW compared to 550d h.264.

! I think I noticed something interesting !

When importing the DNG's to AE CS6, everything works fine, Camera RAW works perfectly fine.

Then, when I put the footage in 32bit composition (23,976fps), it is usually scaled up/down, due to being 1584xXXX in size. 2:35 aspect ratio. Normal.

Everything was fine so far. Then, I did RAM Preview on full screen and noticed severe aliasing on the edges. I know what causes aliasing (line skipping and shit). Something was odd though. I went back to Camera RAW, and there was almost none aliasing in 100% or 200% preview.

I went back to my composition. When the preview (in normal workspace scenario) is set to "(76%)" or "fit up to 100%" or "fit" it causes aliasing WHICH IS THEN VISIBLE IN FULL SCREEN RAM PREVIEW.

When you switch it to 100% (too big for workspace window) and then go for full screen RAM Preview again THERE IS LESS ALIASING.

So to minimize aliasing in AE CS6, you have to have your preview on 100%. I tested it three times with different footage, same scenario everytime. It seems like Camera RAW preview is almost smooth, then AE goes apeshit with diagonals and sharp edges.

I change composition for 1920, then set 100%, then RAM Preview.

Anybody noticed this?

Peace.

P.S. Still waiting for faster card to try continuous shooting. Then will post some tests (not cats, I will try to edit something of value).

Andy600

@Mkolaj - Welcome :)

What you describe is just AE previewing. It doesn't affect renders. You can set AE to use better anti-aliasing but can't remember where the settings were and can't get on AE atm.

a1ex

Can you run only the benchmark code, without any other ML code? I don't think the freezing is normal.

diff -r 5391dcd668f2 src/boot-hack.c
--- a/src/boot-hack.c Wed Sep 18 19:09:38 2013 +0300
+++ b/src/boot-hack.c Wed Sep 18 22:12:13 2013 +0300
@@ -173,7 +173,7 @@
#ifndef CONFIG_6D
#if !defined(CONFIG_EARLY_PORT) && !defined(CONFIG_HELLO_WORLD)
     // Install our task creation hooks
-    task_dispatch_hook = my_task_dispatch_hook;
+    //~ task_dispatch_hook = my_task_dispatch_hook;
     #ifdef CONFIG_TSKMON
     tskmon_init();
     #endif
@@ -392,6 +392,11 @@
   find_ml_card();
   #endif

+    load_fonts();
+    exmem_init();
+    card_benchmark_task();
+    return;
+
#if defined(CONFIG_HELLO_WORLD) || defined(CONFIG_DUMPER_BOOTFLAG)
   uint32_t len;
   load_fonts();

Also, when it freezes, does this happen on read, write or both?

This trick can be used for troubleshooting pretty much any weird bug - when you have no clue where to start looking. If running the code in this way works fine, you can start enabling tasks, prop handlers, GUI overrides and other stuff like that.

Fiskfan

Hi all

Thanks for Magic Lantern!

I have my 50D and follwed the instructions how to install Magic Lantern  (2.3).

That worked out fine!
Really cool and I could record video - but just at 640xXXX something... I want to record raw, higher resolution.

So I did some more reading - and as I understand  there is something called Tragic Lantern.
There is also modules you can add.

So I checked out my CF-card, and I had no modules-folder in my ML directory on my memory card.

So my question is:

Can I just create a folder in my ML-folder called modules and copy in the raw modules in there?

or...

Do I have to figure out how to upgrade my camera to Tragic Lantern?
(I downloaded it but could not get it installed as I did with Magic Lantern)

I  have tried the search function but did not find the answer - I guess it is there somewhere....

Thanks again for your hard work!

Andy600

If you managed to download it just copy the files to your card ;)

If you can't record 1080p H.264 you have no chance of recording raw video. You need a fast card.

Andy600

Suddenly there are lots of new 50D users :)

1%

QuoteAlso, when it freezes, does this happen on read

Yep, it happens on one of the later reads. The light just stops flashing... 7D/600D/6D/every other camera its ok same code.

Really the read test is kind of a pain... I don't care about read speed with tiny buffers and it takes a while to get to the benchmarks that actually matter.

a1ex

Read speed may not be important, but freezing while reading from card is certainly not a good sign.

Fiskfan

Quote from: Andy600 on September 18, 2013, 09:32:58 PM
If you managed to download it just copy the files to your card ;)

If you can't record 1080p H.264 you have no chance of recording raw video. You need a fast card.

Oh, so it can understand  that I have a crappy card at the moment. Cool!

Thanks for your reply!

I will play some more when my better cards arrive....