[DONE] 550D raw zebras, histogram, spotmeter & C. port official thread

Started by dlrpgmsvc, May 22, 2013, 12:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpgmsvc

Right, there is only normal histogram if, while reviewing the image, you press the "Q" button, can you verify if we are aligned on this ?  ;)
If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

xaint

I'm sorry I meant to say I think that the raw histogram works only in LV and QR . On every model (5D2, 5D3 , 550D and so on)..

(As I guess :P) While reviewing the image, ML creates the histogram from the image buffer. Which is a jpeg only (in preview mode), because canons software loads only the jpeg preview from the raw file...
But I don't want to say stupid things... It's just my thinking :D

dlrpgmsvc

Yes ! All you said is correct ! It is too work to load up the raw and make a histogram from it...
However, where Canon finds the jpg associated to the raw file, to load into preview mode, if in the Canon menu I select RAW (only) and not RAW+jpg ?

xaint

Yep, it is a pre-rendered jpeg thumbnail, built into the CR2 raw file itself. And dcraw -e IMG_1234.CR2  will show it.

dlrpgmsvc

Great ! So good news : these modifications for raw histo on lv and qr mode on 550D was now merged and will be available on the next nightly build for all of you 550D lovers and proud owners ! Many thanks and credits to XAINT and his invaluable help and time !!  8)

Now lets verify raw zebras and raw spotmeter !  ;)

dlrpgmsvc

Ok, raw SPOTMETER seems to work great on 550D.
EV raw indicator is mean value of RGB values, when 0EV it means that center spot is oversaturated on the max, and then lesser values, like -1.5EV, -4.0EV and so  on, indicates how overexposed the center spot is. Waiting for confirmations or anomalies, if any found. Many thanks !  ;)

dlrpgmsvc

Also RAW Zebras (working only in QR mode) seems to work ok (the zebras area is less extended in RAW representation than in normal LV zebras, like they have to be) and they are perfectly aligned with the image, at least with my extensive tests I done. If someone have different results or problems, please chime here !

dlrpgmsvc

@Xaint : you said, some posts ago, that zebras seems not to be aligned. Can you confirm this or do they are ok ? Many thanks !  ;)

xaint

Quote from: dlrpgmsvc on May 29, 2013, 07:38:42 PM
@Xaint : you said, some posts ago, that zebras seems not to be aligned. Can you confirm this or do they are ok ? Many thanks !  ;)

Zebras are ok!!

dlrpgmsvc

Great, xaint ! Many thanks !

I can confirm the 550D ports about the title of this thread are now merged in the nightly build !

So... if no more problems arise about this, I will wait a little and then I will mark this thread with the prefix [DONE] !  ;)

Always special thanks to "xaint" and his successful efforts !  ;D

xaint

The glory is not mine, but all the developers.
I just wanted to help the porting, for those who uses the same body.

And dlrpgmsvc: Your efforts are even more valuable than mine, so thank YOU!

shawnwytch

how are you guys converting these files? so u can see them in premiere or resolve

xaint

Quote from: shawnwytch on May 31, 2013, 09:02:09 PM
how are you guys converting these files? so u can see them in premiere or resolve

Which files?