[UNMAINTAINED] Canon 100D / SL1

Started by chilimac02, May 20, 2013, 03:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwarddebruyn

Actually we could put this money somewhere on a count of the Magic Lantern. And a working soft could be payed from this money by Magic Lantern when it's OK

Silverleapers

Any news from anyone working on this?
650D/KissX6/T4i (japanese version), 100D/SL1 (Canadian version), many canon and some sigma lenses.

Stedda

There is no developer, someone in this thread with the camera needs to take an interest...
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

ProfLogik

I wish I knew how to code,was really hoping that someone was working on ML for the Canon SL-1.

chilimac02

This one isn't happening guys. Unless someone with the ability and the camera and the time/desire to do it comes along - this project is a no go.
Rebel SL1/100D... 40mm f/2.8 STM, 18-55mm f/3.5 IS STM, Tamron 70-300mm Di VC USD, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Art

eklann

I work as a software developer, and although I do not use it daily, I am familiar with C (If I understand correctly, ML is written in C?). Some time ago I had a IXUS 60, and I used CHDK quite a bit. I now have a EOS 100D, and I really miss some of the features of CHDK that seems to be included in ML. So I really would like to have ML working on my EOS 100D.

Before I start digging around in the code, I have some questions that I hope someone with ML development experience can answer:

- What risks are involved when developing ML? Is it possible to brick the camera? Is it possible to harm the camera in some other way?
- What would be needed in order for ML to work on EOS 100D? I am guessing that there are a bunch of low-level functions that needs model-specific implementation?
- Is there any progress so far on support for EOS 100D?
- Is there anyone else currently working with support for EOS 100D?

edwarddebruyn

If my previous post doesn't work I can help by putting my 100D as tester. Just use it to make time-lapse once and a while so I can take the risk.
But don't use everything (don't do Raw movies, focus stacking and so one) but familiar with photography and time-lapse.
Have ML on my 5D2 and 6D (still some bugs in the 6D)
If this helps

GeramyL

I am a software engineer with a SL1 how may I help?

Kareivis

Hi i have a canon 100d, i am ready testing !!

GeramyL

I'll start developing could someone post some helper links on how to start developing for this camera?
maybe anything i need to know that i wont find online looking for ML Development guides etc...?

GeramyL

I was told there is a dump of the 100D already could someone help me get that dump?

devop

GeramyL, eklann. I am also a software engineer by day and I love hacking on things in my spare time. My wife and I are going to buy our first used DSLR camera in the next few weeks, if we go for a 100D/SL1, then I'd love to work together to get the camera supported.

Can anyone familiar with hacking on the EOS cameras give an estimate as to how possible this is with the 100D? Because we might just get a 550D or 600D instead! I'd love to help out supporting open-source, but I think that the future is with axiom rather than hacking on closed-source products like canon. In fact we just want to get the canon so that we can spend a year training for when we get the axiom! Very excited.

GeramyL

Is there anyone left that have been working on this project?

nikfreak

Any dumper fir available for 100D? I will let this boot up in QEMU, too
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

a1ex

Here's the dumper for 100D, for QEMU, not tested, same as for 70D (instructions here):

dumper-100D-qemu.fir

Let me know if it works (can't test FIR files in QEMU).

nikfreak

Ok 100D owners. Please follow the instructions linked above. Once you succeeded get in contact with me by PM.

Usage: run firmware update, then go to play mode (make sure you have an image there), then look on your card. Keep the dump for yourself, do not publish it online.

Kareivis

I try the Dump but any Bin file appear :/. The screen go black than Although i click on play mode nothing happen. :( I have images on my SD card.

nikfreak

But you tried "dumper-100D-qemu.fir" right?

Kareivis

a1ex

GeramyL

I'll go to run this later today i'll let you know how it goes thanks alex appreciate the help on getting me started with this.

chilimac02

I sent some of you a PM about the firmware. Let me know how that looks.
Rebel SL1/100D... 40mm f/2.8 STM, 18-55mm f/3.5 IS STM, Tamron 70-300mm Di VC USD, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Art

nikfreak

It exactly looks like ROM1 with a size ~ 16MB. Useful for finding stubs etc. But for QEMU I would need ROM0 +1. You said you used nanomad's dumper to create this NULL file. Tried a1ex's link, too?

a1ex

Re-created the dumper, can you download and try again?