550D & 500D porting 14bit RAW DNG silent pics

Started by wolf, May 16, 2013, 12:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrax

Quote from: 1% on May 18, 2013, 03:59:17 PM
You should add 600D too. https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-2.0/commits/all'

I think its only a few changes to raw.c, consts, and features.h
I've tried but failed, I can't even compile your source, don't know why.

this is the error:

Ok just updated source and now after a make clean, make 600D worked...
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Greg

Quote from: wolf on May 18, 2013, 11:01:04 PM
Great.
How many fps do you get?

26 images 1590x1060 - 20FPS
46 images 1590x636 - 30FPS

Magiclantern.sym file is empty. I wanted to turn on the modules.

[ SYMBOLS  ]   magiclantern.sym
/bin/sh: 1: gawk: not found

I need to install  ;)

dlrpgmsvc

Great Greg ! We should compile the same sources also for 550d, it shouldn't be so different, right ?
If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

Greg

Now I need to find the 500D:

RegisterEDmacCompleteCBR
RegisterEDmacAbortCBR
RegisterEDmacPopCBR
RegisterEDmacCompleteCBR
RegisterEDmacAbortCBR
RegisterEDmacPopCBR
ConnectWriteEDmac
ConnectReadEDmac
SetEDmac
SetEDmac
StartEDmac
StartEDmac

UnregisterEDmacCompleteCBR
UnregisterEDmacAbortCBR
UnregisterEDmacPopCBR
UnregisterEDmacAbortCBR
UnregisterEDmacPopCBR
PopEDmac
PopEDmac

:o

Quote from: dlrpgmsvc on May 18, 2013, 11:59:47 PM
Great Greg ! We should compile the same sources also for 550d, it shouldn't be so different, right ?
https://bitbucket.org/Gr3g01/ml-500d-raw-dng/commits/16b158c998d8b3002a9ddc3fab61e6c9541b037e
You can try the 550D should work.

wolf

Enabled, but not tested.

#define FEATURE_RAW_HISTOGRAM
#define FEATURE_RAW_ZEBRAS
#define FEATURE_RAW_SPOTMETER
#define FEATURE_SILENT_PIC_RAW_BURST

@Greg: are you able to view DNG on your 500D?

Greg

Quote from: wolf on May 19, 2013, 12:51:36 AM
@Greg: are you able to view DNG on your 500D?

Preview after taking dng?
Such as 422 Preview?
I do not have this feature.

stevehallvideo

I know this will probably be the wrong place but im desperately trying to find the firmware update, this could be an incredibly stupid question but where can i find it?

internetjoke

PLEASE if it were possible to create 845 x 720 raw (or 1268 x 1080) it would be great for all of us with 2x anamorphic lens as it would keep its vertical resolution and can be stretched to sweet sweet raw 2:35:1. (1690x720).
or just any 1.1755 x 1 ratio
at 24fps.

Please put this feature in! It would be.... superb :o

thank you

andlas

Perhaps there is no "sd" to "cf" converter, but I have seen converters from "sd" to "sata" and "ssd drives" could be great to expand recording time for raw dng files three o four times.

http://www.cablematic.com/search/sd-sata/2_dot_5-SATA_hyphen_HDD-Adapter-_open_parenthesis_1xSD-to-SATA_close_parenthesis_/?pag=1

Atrakt

Hi ! I've tested the nightly build of the 19 May on my 550D, and for the silent pic in RAW, I have some magenta frames every 4-5 frames, here is one of them :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tveiqepbvrw5pkh/00000148.jpg

I'm shooting in LV in Video mode in 1920x1080 @ 25FPS with silent pics on and intervalometer set to "Crazy", the DNG is 1734x1156.

Hope this help you ! ;)

P.S : Greg your test is so promising!

EDIT : I also have a kind of dead pixels on my DNG, I've checked on H264 MOV and in Photo mode and it's not here... (it's a little green dot)

wolf

Quote from: Atrakt on May 19, 2013, 10:27:24 AM
EDIT : I also have a kind of dead pixels on my DNG, I've checked on H264 MOV and in Photo mode and it's not here... (it's a little green dot)

Can you send an example image?

a1ex

Atrakt

I know, but I don't think is a bad pixel on the sensor... maybe a little bug with the nightly, because it's the first time I see it on the silent pic RAW. But my knowledge in dev it's very basic, maybe I'm wrong! ;)

P.S. : sorry for my bad english  ;)

wolf

Turn ML off, take a normal raw then you can be sure.

derkiki

Could someone please post the 550D binary with burst enabled. I'm too dumb to compile.
Thx

nanomad

Quote from: wolf on May 19, 2013, 12:31:37 PM
Turn ML off, take a normal raw then you can be sure.

No. because the CR2 files have the bad pixles info baked in (so they won't show up)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

wolf

Atrakt

Agree with Nanomad, in CR2 the pixel won't show up...
I have tested with and without ML, and I have tested my RAW with Pixel Tester and it doesn't detect any Dead/hot Pixel, but in the DNG it does it immediatly!

So, my sensor is Dead?  :'( (Maybe it's time to buy a new camera body!!)

Andy600

I've got a few green dots/dead pixels. They show up much worse in an image viewer than in AE. It's not a huge issue if you have photoshop. You can use the spot healing brush and batch process the DNGs. We're dealing with what are effectively moving photographs now ;)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Greg

Quote from: Greg on May 19, 2013, 12:13:44 AM
Now I need to find the 500D:

RegisterEDmacCompleteCBR
RegisterEDmacAbortCBR
RegisterEDmacPopCBR
RegisterEDmacCompleteCBR
RegisterEDmacAbortCBR
RegisterEDmacPopCBR
ConnectWriteEDmac
ConnectReadEDmac
SetEDmac
SetEDmac
StartEDmac
StartEDmac

UnregisterEDmacAbortCBR
UnregisterEDmacPopCBR
UnregisterEDmacAbortCBR
UnregisterEDmacPopCBR
PopEDmac
PopEDmac

:o

How do I find these values?

wolf

Is there a DNG raw image preview on any model like the 422 preview?

3pointedit

With nightly build i tried shooting at various video settings but could only get useable frames from 1080 25. Had to turn off global draw as many frames were pink noise.

I tried variable frame rate (@3fps) but the DNG files seem to be corrupt as I cannot get Raw Therapee to load them. Infact it seems to have crashed. I was hoping for long shutter speeds, oh well.

NB. I also tried loading the DNGs into Blender's compositor but it only accesses the embeded jpeg :(
550D on ML-roids

3pointedit

Comparing 550D DNG files to HDR capture, I get better frame rate in HDR mode (@1/2fps of record setting) compared to 2fps for DNG ;) . And a similar dynamic range. But it's not all good news for HDR as the RAW capture has much more sharpness and better color rendition. However, while the frame ratio is taller in DNG recording there are fewer lines available to record. So there seems to be more moire effects(?).

And much more noise in the DNGs which I found difficult to remove in post (even at 100iso). Shame I can't have just a bit more detail in the h264 file.

Here is a screeny comparing the result of HDR merge of 2 frames and a RAW DNG:

http://imgur.com/mCQ2LyF
550D on ML-roids

Atrakt

The nightly build of this night is great! no more dead/hot pixels on my DNG! Great work, big THX!

I've compiled the raw burst for the 550D, I've 19 Frames max @ 1734X1156, but I'm not a Dev, so It's possible I've make some mistake ;)