RAW Video Post processing (raw2dng) [Mac/Win/Linux]

Started by g3gg0, May 14, 2013, 11:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toasty

What is the quickest most convenient way to obtain a sequence of still images (*.png or other lossless format) files from the .mlv file?

Using Ubuntu Linux.

Thanks.

JanKocbek

'Convert' button grayed out, what could be wrong?

edit: don't drag mov. files with your raw files into it

RAW

downloaded mlrawviewer 1.4.3 the pink dot remover having problem with black/dark scene.The pink/blue dots showing up.  need to wait for 2 sec of frames b4 it clean it up.   using 650d. help.

does the pink dot remover work on different video resolution? cuz i have downgraded (960x540)  to have a longer/smoother recording time.  hope this help.

RAW

Quote from: RAW on March 12, 2015, 10:11:30 PM
downloaded mlrawviewer 1.4.3 the pink dot remover having problem with black/dark scene.The pink/blue dots showing up.  need to wait for 2 sec of frames b4 it clean it up.   using 650d. help.

Renovatio

Hi guys, I've a little question to make:how is the workflow on Linux?

Recently a friend of mine show me something about lubuntu and told me a few things on linux kernel operation systems based. The time was not so long but I've gotcha this way could improve my poor pc performance. A few doubts about software, so asking workflow.

On windows right now my raw files become dng with raw2cdng little program, then with after effects and camera raw i open them and make color correction. Render in dnxhd and edit with sony vegas for final render video.

With Linux is just so.. simple ?

I'm afraid above all about color correction and tutorial I can find on YouTube for windows and Mac software.. Such as after effects..

revast

theartofweb

Hi,

I have RAW files named like this: M29-0249. When I drag and drop it onto raw2dng I get files like 00001.dng and so on. Is there a way to have the dng files named something like M23-0249-00001? It would make my life a lot easier if I did not have to go thru creating folders named like the raw files containing those dng sequences.

Thanks

Danne

If youre on mac you can use cr2hdr-r or mlrawviewer.

theartofweb

So basically mlrawviewer and raw2dng do the same jobs. Yet, mlrawviewer gives me M29-0307_DNG_000001 folder name style and M29-0307_000001 file name style which I absolutely prefer!

Thanks

vicnaum

That is working with my newly bought 650D flawlessly! Fantastic! Thanks!

Can someone tell me - how can I use raw2dng chroma smoothing somehow together with dual iso?
I've been so long out of forums, and so many info & tools out there... But they all seem not exactly what's needed...

keepersdungeon

Quote from: theartofweb on March 31, 2015, 06:09:18 PM
So basically mlrawviewer and raw2dng do the same jobs. Yet, mlrawviewer gives me M29-0307_DNG_000001 folder name style and M29-0307_000001 file name style which I absolutely prefer!

Thanks
Cool didn't know that. Thanks

butchdon

Hi,

I have a Canon 6d with ver. 116 firmware and ML installed, with 32GB 80 Mb/s cards. I shot some raw video with ver. 113 firmware just to try it out. Now I not be able to process them. I downloaded and installed Resolve 11 Lite, but it can't import them. I tried going through this  thread and read through the first two pages to see that a lot of the discussion seemed to be at the developer level. I did not think I could handle 16 more pages.

What I need is a post listing the hardware/software (Windows)needed at minimum to import, edit, and publish the raw video into something usable. I'm a pro photographer on the side so I already have CC Photoshop, Lightroom, tons of plugins and other 3rd party software, so I'm not afraid of working through issues to get what I need. But  I'm reluctant to add two more items to my Adobe CC subscription, unless my videos become so wildly successful, Hollywood starts calling and the $$ start rolling in. I would not mind buying stand alone software if the price is reasonable. Free would be better, yet realizing it may not be as robust as a commercial product.

Thanks

Thanks
Intel i5-4440 3.1Ghz CPU, Win 8.1, 12 Gb Mem, Intel HD Graphics 4600
Camera gear: Canon S110, Canon 6d, 70-200 2.8 Mk II IS, 100 2.8 Macro Mk II IS, 24-105 f4 IS, 85mm 1.8, Canon G9 with IR conversion (movies in IR?)
24", Rode Videomic Pro, Sony lapel mic.

butchdon

evidently this software is for MAC only. Am I wrong?

Camera gear: Canon S110, Canon 6d, 70-200 2.8 Mk II IS, 100 2.8 Macro Mk II IS, 24-105 f4 IS, 85mm 1.8, Canon G9 with IR conversion (movies in IR?)

mothaibaphoto

@butchdon: Try MlRawViewer (Next thread in Raw Video Postprocessing) or raw2cdng (6-th thread)

butchdon

I did try it and that worked, once I hit the W key.

My problem is what do I do with the DNG files? I tried importing them into Resolve 11 Lite, but it crashes. I was getting an OpenCL GPU not installed error, but got that to go away. Now I get a No CUDA Acceleration error. I have Intel HD Graphics 4600 on board video with "dynamic" memory. Could that be the issue?

I have 12 Gb of memory, Intel i5-4440 3.1 GHz CPU, running 64 bit win 8.1.

If I can't run Resolve, what are my options that will not break the bank? Or will I have to upgrade my hardware to really make it all work?

Thanks

DeafEyeJedi

You can use AE CC with Smart Import 2... Works really well!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

mothaibaphoto

@butchdon: Your hardware is perfect for AE, for example, I don't use Resolve, sorry...
AE and Smart Import 2 (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12422.0) is top quality solution. But you should subscribe for AE. Alternatively, you can:
1. Export MOV from MlRawViewer. Drawback: demosaicing algorithms worse than from Adobe, particularly in handling highlights.
2. Process sequences with Lightroom or Photoshop. Drawback: you possibly encounter flickering.

Scotty6700

hey guys,
i have some 1920x1080 .mxf footage for wedding,
i've edited them in premiere pro cc 2015.3,then when i exported them in : h264,mp4 and checked both of render at maximum depth and maximum render quality ,some noises are seen in final rendered .mp4 file while the raw footage doesn't have noise like that,
how can i export this project with a quality near the raw footage,i don't have any problem for space and my client doesn't have too,but not so huge like i rendered 1 minute=about 1 Gigabytes for i think i chose nxd 1080 for sequence setting and i cheked match sequence settings for render.

i am searching for an output with quality near raw footage and maximum file size but not bigger the whole raw footage,
i hope you guys understand what i mean,
sorry for my poor english.

Baladeva

how can i do it in windows?I have mlv files and the app tells me that it is not a compatible file.

thank you.

Walter Schulz

Read first post of this thread and use Windows executables on Windows.
Pay special attention to the phrase "drag and drop".
You might want to google for tutorials about "handling command line tools" or switch to tools with GUI instead.