uncompressed 14-bit RAW video recording

Started by g3gg0, April 27, 2013, 12:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squig

Quote from: itux on May 14, 2013, 09:43:59 AM
1. Download raw2dng for Mac from here:

2. Put raw2dng into the same folder where your raw file is. (for example a folder called "raw" on your desktop)
3. Open Terminal.
4. Go to the folder (cd /Users/username/Desktop/raw)
5. Launch raw2dng (./raw2dng RAWFILE.RAW)

This will extract the file into the separate DNGs.

I hope this helps!

Danke   ;D

Danne

Quote from: scrax on May 14, 2013, 10:11:36 AM
Probably the .app is saving the dng inside the .app package itself. Someone can confirm me that? To check that right click; select Show package contents and go to the Resources folder

I will fix it but someone can tell me where the dng are saved now? in the same folder of the .rawfile or it the Resources folder in the package (.app)

They are saved in the Resources folder.SWEET!!!

Danne

Thanks Scrax! I you could find a way to get the files saved outside the app that would be awesome :)

scrax

Ok will fix the script to move them out in the same .raw file folder, someone has a link to a downloadable .raw file to test the conversion?

Quote from: Danne on May 14, 2013, 10:19:56 AM
Thanks Scrax! I you could find a way to get the files saved outside the app that would be awesome :)

Will post a fix ASAP, but maybe better if I can test it locally before  :)
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

aaphotog

Quote from: scrax on May 14, 2013, 10:16:40 AM
which folder?

EDIT: removed download link until not fixed the .app
I placed the app that you created, and my raw file in the same folder. I had assumed that the DNG's would just pop up in that folder

aaphotog

Quote from: Danne on May 14, 2013, 10:17:46 AM
They are saved in the Resources folder.SWEET!!!
hahaha they are in there lol.
thx! Guess it did work

scrax

Quote from: aaphotog on May 14, 2013, 10:21:32 AM
I placed the app that you created, and my raw file in the same folder. I had assumed that the DNG's would just pop up in that folder
You assumed right ;) but I didn't thinked ablut this when doing the package, so I have to fix it, for now look inside the .app package with right click and you should fond the .dng like Danne
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Danne

Awesome! I,ll post a short raw-file for you scrax, in a moment!

scrax

Quote from: aaphotog on May 14, 2013, 10:23:41 AM
hahaha they are in there lol.
thx! Guess it did work
Quote from: Danne on May 14, 2013, 10:26:04 AM
Awesome! I,ll post a short raw-file for you scrax, in a moment!
Perfect, just a sec should be enough, I'll post the link again when fixed and tested.

aaphotog

I really wish I knew coding now. you all are REALLY DOING SOME AMAAAAAAAZING shit in such a short amount of time.

squig

It's like being back in kindergarten.

I honestly don't know how you guys do this, I thought working with actors was torture.

Lcrusher

actioncamstudio

Hallo and sorry for my really super dummy question and for my bad english!!!
It will be possible to use this raw super cool function on the MKII someday? I have a bit of problems with english but i've read only of the MKIII,6D and 600D.
Again,sorry for the stupid question,but if there is a code to download i will be happy to test it...if some good guy will explain to me how to do it!
Bests from Italy and keep it up,this community is FANTASTIC!

Danne

Quote from: actioncamstudio on May 14, 2013, 10:37:46 AM
Hallo and sorry for my really super dummy question and for my bad english!!!
It will be possible to use this raw super cool function on the MKII someday? I have a bit of problems with english but i've read only of the MKIII,6D and 600D.
Again,sorry for the stupid question,but if there is a code to download i will be happy to test it...if some good guy will explain to me how to do it!
Bests from Italy and keep it up,this community is FANTASTIC!

Go back a page or two,they are on it. Looks as if it will work on mark 2 aswell.
Tried it on my mark 3 right now. IT. IS. CRAZY GOOD!

Danne

Quote from: scrax on May 14, 2013, 10:26:49 AM
Perfect, just a sec should be enough, I'll post the link again when fixed and tested.

Here,s a link Scrax to a short file :). Again, biggest thanks!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4tCJMlOYfirdWdIdjlxSDd3cms/edit?usp=sharing

//Daniel

bumkicho

I assume someone had already thought about this or at least asked a question like this, but just in case, with the new 5D3 firmware, whenever it becomes compatible with ML, would it be possible to feed this raw directly to Ninja2? I wonder if atomos will look into it also unless there is legal issues with canon.

actioncamstudio

Thank you so much Danne!
I will check the previous pages. Damn,there are too many entries in this thread!  ;D ;D ;D
Really fantastic!

Danne

I just pooped my pants 5 times already. It,s that good  ;D

scrax

Quote from: Danne on May 14, 2013, 10:45:43 AM
Here,s a link Scrax to a short file :). Again, biggest thanks!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4tCJMlOYfirdWdIdjlxSDd3cms/edit?usp=sharing

//Daniel

Perfect, downloaded and tested with raw2dng.app if the video was all black it worked good.
It converts the file inside the app and then moves all the dng to the same folder where the .raw file is.
Best would be to convert file directly to the same folder of the raw file, will try this later.

Link up again: https://bitbucket.org/600dplus/magic-lantern-things/downloads/raw2dng.app.zip

squig

Quote from: bumkicho on May 14, 2013, 10:53:35 AM
I assume someone had already thought about this or at least asked a question like this, but just in case, with the new 5D3 firmware, whenever it becomes compatible with ML, would it be possible to feed this raw directly to Ninja2? I wonder if atomos will look into it also unless there is legal issues with canon.

nope.

scrax

Quote from: aaphotog on May 14, 2013, 10:07:48 AM
I just KNEW that was going to work. Everything was fine until step 5. When I tried to launch raw2dng, it said
"-bash: ./raw2dng: Permission denied"
chmod +x raw2dng will make it executable

Redrocks

Quote from: coutts on May 14, 2013, 12:49:27 AM
This should work for 5d2, double buffering enabled:
http://bit.ly/10TBM7a

extract the MODULES directory into /ML/ on your card

Downloaded this and installed as per instructed, keep getting a message on power up "Scripts dir missing" and WAS getting another about an improper power off, but that seems to have rectified itself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SeH9LVVpJg

Just grabbed a few frames at 1880 x 720 (the highest I can go with my 8GB 30MB/s Sandisk) and a h.264 for comparison, neither has had any kind of work done. For some reason the RAW files come into AE at 30 FPS even though I'd had FPS set to 24 in camera and I have no idea if I dropped any frames.

I'm still finding my way with ML in general and have zero to offer in terms of coding, but I'm happy to be a lab rat and I'll continue testing in between slamming F5 and pinching myself. A month ago I was hoping you guys would crack the HDMI out and was actually looking forward to shelling out for a 10 bit recorder and a V mount power solution and cables and and and... now I only have to wait for my 1000x cards to drop through the door.

Thank you to all who have contributed to this amazing community. Expect a contribution from me when you reopen the donations.

Kabuto1138

scrax

Quote from: Kabuto1138 on May 14, 2013, 11:09:32 AM
It works Scrax!!  thanks!

Good, thinking about adding it to MLTools too.