The nightly seems broken, use this link for 5D2
until it's fixed. For 5D3 you need to compile yourself for now. The user-friendly installer still needs some work, so you have to use the developer kit and understand what you are doing. I'll look into it these days.
Some things to clear up:
- It doesn't save CinemaDNG, but just plain DNG, copied from CHDK. They have been doing this for years.
- This will not improve rolling shutter at all.
- Don't hold your breath for raw video. 24fps at 1080p is unlikely IMO, even on 1000x cards.
- HDMI out doesn't help. Here's why: raw image buffer
with hyperdeck shuttle uncompressed. Ignore the overlays.
- In continuous mode I've got 4fps of raw data (not DNG, just the raw image buffer) on a 266x card. G3gg0 got 12.5fps of YUV422 video
on the Lexar 1000x card.
- I was able to record around 30 frames in burst mode, at LiveView FPS (24, 25, 30, 50, whatever). It takes roughly 1 second of "recording" to RAM and then half a minute of saving the DNGs to card.
Nevertheless, I find this very useful as a fast burst mode for stills, or when you want to save shutter clicks or just avoid noise.
Luke Neumann already tried this stuff and made a short video.http://neumannfilms.net/2013/04/27/14bit-raw-video-on-canon-dslrs-with-magic-lantern/