New/Minimal proposal for non-lv shortcuts

Started by Marsu42, April 05, 2013, 09:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

Today I had a go at ml again, implementing several smallish things I wanted the camera to do - and I discovered that after the first source code shock it's not that hard to implement some basic features. So while you guys are working at cameras I don't own, video or lv I don't use I'd like to add something for us still shooters.

I'd like to request or even add myself a simple, minimal-invasive shortcut system for things I'd like to switch w/o taking my eye away from the vf. I remember vaguely reading something similar some time ago, but nothing has been merged yet so here's my proposal - sorry if I'm repeating things, but I'd really like to see this actually happen.

* Menu: Prefs->Key Preferences with the following items:
- selectable meta key: [none, INFO, Q, LV]
- several key [UP, DOWN, LEFT,  RIGHT, SET] to function mappings

The idea: Add a key handler for the selected meta key, and if one of the shortcut keys is pressed during a certain time span (like 3sec?) perform this action, other wise time out. If the same meta key is pressed twice perform the function the button was originally designed to do. If beep is enabled sound different(!) signals for all keys and actions (on/off) so you don't need to look or guess if the result was correct. If the meta key is none, just map the functions to the keys (if lock is not enabled, can we check for this?).

I desperately want to be able at least to change/toggle these functions:
- switch single point af <-> all af points
- switch one shot <-> servo af
- switch eval metering <-> spot

Plus in a 2nd step, but maybe there are better "mini c-mode" proposals:
- toggle two full expo presets (all t/f/iso/wb/drive/metering) - already in ml
- map a certain expo preset to a key (select what to save of t/f/iso/wb/drive/metering)
- reset to one of the expo presets

Anything else? Sounds reasonable? Did someone already do this?

Greg

Quote from: Marsu42 on April 05, 2013, 09:27:55 PM
I desperately want to be able at least to change/toggle these functions:
- switch single point af <-> all af points
- switch one shot <-> servo af
- switch eval metering <-> spot

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3563.0

Marsu42

I just implemented this as a first test version, it works just fine though it misses the menu functions to customize what keys are used what values are toggled - just now it's a static mapping. I'll test this for some time and then work on it some more eventually.

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/72/sticky-modes-new-bracketing-sequence-delay/diff