Best Render Settings for Youtube/Vimeo?

Started by AJ153, February 23, 2013, 08:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ153

Hello everyone, and thank you for reading.

I usually never make the final render onto Sony Vegas 12 since I import all my videos into After Effects 6 for final touch ups. Which I render in Quicktime and then encode it.

I always record it 1080, and I use 29.97 fps for friends/family videos, tutorial, and vlogs. 23.98 for ever thing else.

I fond my self at a slump, because for the first time I don't have to import it into AAF since everything is already final edited. What would be the best optimal render setting for Youtube or Vimeo? Size does not matter for me. I've watched multiple videos, but it seems they all do other settings. The only consistently/trend I've seen was the use of MainConcept AVC/ACC

Settings like
Field Order:
# of reference frames:

Variable bit rate: Two Pass?
Maximum bps: ??
Minimum bps: ??

Format: .Mp4 vs .AVC?

Malcolm Debono

I use the presets in Adobe Media Encoder for youtube / vimeo uploads. You might want to check them out.. I think you'll manage to find the settings they use online. If not, I can always post them here for you :)
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

AJ153

thank you for the speedy reply! I really do appreciate it!  Yes please links would be amazing!

Malcolm Debono

These are the presets used by Adobe Media Encoder. Note that these are based on 25fps.

Youtube:
Codec: H264
Bitrate: VBR, 2 pass, target 8 Mbps, max 8 Mbps
Key frame distance: 75 (i.e. 3 times the frame rate)
Audio: AAC, 320 kbps, 48 kHz, stereo

Vimeo:
Same as above but replace target and max bitrate to 5 Mbps, and key frame distance to 25 (i.e. same as frame rate)
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

frspp

Youtube help:  Advanced encoding settings
http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722171

I'm not 100 % sure about audio, is it always 48 khz. I uploaded a video with 44.1 khz audio (promoting new music, track from album, not making a music video) and tried recognize is it converted but I cannot say for sure as the difference is small – still it makes a big difference for songs as pitch changes a bit, makes it kinda out of tune. Have some body done testing or got written answer from Google?
5d2