Canon 1ds mkll

Started by markymark, January 01, 2013, 03:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markymark

Don't suppose that there is ML for the Canon 1ds mkll only need to be able to change the number of exposures that I take when doing HDR images, the camera has a maximum of 3  :( but would like it to be 9 any help would be great.

scrax

No devs has it, can you send yours to try adding it?  :D
;)

A part from that it's an old DIGIC camera like the 5D and on those model the Operating System is not the same as the one supported in ML 2.3
The 5D classic is the first being ported to that older OS, maybe in future ML could be loaded also on yours camera, but i'll not wait for it. 1D series are not in the interest of the project.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

coutts

the 5dc was very difficult. alex and i basically paved the way for future VxWorks cameras though (look at the 40D port, it wasn't too difficult i don't think).

But yes, the main problems are lower resolution display (had to make the menu and printing and everything scaled down to fit), different boot code, and sometimes limited memory can make things slow.

I think the whole 1D line is out of our typical "userbase market", so not sure how other devs will feel about porting this (probably not many will step up to do it).

nan0meter

Well with the prices dropping because of the 1D X more and more people (including me) can afford one although I bought the 1Ds III, but same story there.

I know a guy that has a 1Ds Mark II, if the retrieval of the firmware is non destructive and safe to do, I bet he's willing to help. Also I'd be glad to provide the firmware for the 1Ds Mark III.

Really really hope just like with the 40D that someone steps up and starts working on it for this phenomenal camera :)

g3gg0

well, beside of any technical issues - we devs decided to *not* work with EOS 1D series.

this is not a "maybe" or "usually not", but a strict no. sorry.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

shurito

you can make up to 7 exposures, have a look at Personal Function No. 9.
Youll need to set  this using the Canon Software and the firewire cable (not USB!)