Current state: blindly maintained
(the developers who maintain it don't have a 6D, and those who do are refusing to maintain it or are too busy with real life). Anybody with coding skills and lots of free time (and of course a 6d) is welcome to maintain this port.
Nightly builds: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/Installation:
1) Format the card from the camera.
2) Make sure you are running Canon firmware 1.1.3
3) Copy ML files on the card and run Firmware Update.Uninstallation:
1) Run Firmware Update from your ML card.
2) Follow the instructions.
FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY
Want to help with the porting proces? Use this special updater
file to dump the firmware, set your bootflag, and dump the debug log. This is NOT an alpha release of Magic Lantern, it only sets the bootflag (that's it). I removed the check for autoexec.bin and made it so it doesn't make your card bootable. This is only useful for dumping the firmware and setting your bootflag to get started developing.15-Dec-2012:
- firmware dumped, working on mapping functions
- bootflag enabled, able to boot autoexec.bin files now
- Canon firmware booted by ML - so first step to "hello world"16-Dec-2012:
- Hello World!18-Dec-2012:
- released custom FIR updater FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY
that sets the bootflag, dumps the rom, and dumps the debug log.
January 2013 - February 2014:
- Tragic Lantern took over the 6D development and refused to contribute anything back to the main tree, leaving the 6D port unmaintained.February 15, 2014:
- Marsu42 confirmed the unmaintained port is still working, and submitted a pull request to get it back into the nightly builds. We, the Magic Lantern developers, decided to do a blind backporting of Tragic Lantern code (without a 6D in our hands) and brought the port up to date.March 20, 2014:
- Simplified installation process.
- Tragic Lantern usage and discussion is no longer accepted on this forum
=> current state: blindly maintained, we need your help to get it back on track