EOS M ** Alpha 1 ** [FIXED][DOWNLOAD]

Started by coutts, November 23, 2012, 12:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaallleeexxx

Quote from: coutts on February 06, 2013, 08:55:44 PM
This means anamorphic, and ... we still can't sync them properly so it's not really worth figuring out right now.
Unfortunate.. I had higher hopes for this camera.

so there's really no way to do a x2 anamorphic unsqueeze?
i so hoped for this in camera:(

Caaher

Hi
Can You give us any clue when can we expect stable version?

Thx for great job!

1%

Guessing all of these builds will stable out in 6 months when all (obvious) bugs are resolved. Right now it hasn't even been out that long, lol.

coutts

I'm busy with class at the moment (have to do school before ML), but I try to work on it when I get free time.

lately I'm trying to figure out a guimode number to use for the ML menu, to keep the canon EV bar from blinking on top of the ML menu.

1%

brunoastroHHDE

Hi,

I´m a newbe here and very interested in the M for astronomic use. Is it possible, to unlock the software to use Utility for sequence long time exposures of a duration of 10 x 10 min. for exsample like the DSLR models?

Maybe, you handle that in an older post.

Thank you for help, Bruno

mdwhaley

Hello,

Thanks for all your hard work.

Would it be possible to move the focus point by touching the screen when the lens is in MF mode through Magic Lantern?

Currently I use the M with AF set to *, AF + MF, and FlexiZone single. With Magic Zoom set to AF point at 2:1 this works awesome on USM and the 22 STM kit lens since they are all full time manual focus. A very spontaneous camera setup this way. Unfortunately lenses that aren't full time manual focus like my 50 1.8 and 35 f2 this doesn't work since the lens communicates to the camera it is MF the points are no longer moveable.

Mike

Regs

Just loaded ML on my EOS M. It seems to have loaded ok and can see the overlay.
I tried the trash button to bring up the ML menu but no luck
I know this seems simple. how do I open the ML menu? can't find it anywhere

mdwhaley

Quote from: Regs on April 03, 2013, 10:00:34 PM

Set custom function 6 to 2: ISO Speed then when the ISO menu pops up touch the escape icon

coutts

Quote from: Regs on April 03, 2013, 10:00:34 PM
tap 2 fingers on the screen at the same time ;)

1 finger tap is same as Q, to open submenus.

nanomad

Coutts, I've pushed a fix for movie restart. Can you check it too?
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

pspilot

Hi,

is there a procedure to disable ML on startup? Holding the SET button doesn't work as with some other cameras.

Masheen

Is there a way to auto-focus every few images, instead of every image using the intervalometer? I either need that ability or the ability to send commands over PTP. Otherwise I'll have to purchase another camera.

I'd appreciate any information you guys can offer.

a1ex

You can try with PicoC scripting; no idea how well it works on the M. You'll have to compile ML yourself.

Eirik5D3

Hello, how do you uninstall the magic lantern? tried formating the card but still there.. cant find any firmware download from canon?

Thanks for any help :)

nanomad

Re-run the .fir and switch the top dial when asked. Then do a low level format of the card
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

gurayvarol

Hi guys,
Thanx for all your hard efforts. I think my problem seems to be unique so I decided to have it written here. I have EOS M with 1.06 firmware and ML installed on a 64GB card. I am trying to get a constant timelapse but the camera becomes unresponsive after 2 or 3 days. The camera mentioned a shoot malloc when I was trying to format the card (keeping the ML)

Is it the same problem with the shutterbug that is being discussed in various topics or is it something new?
would installing 2.02 fix that?
Would changing the card to 32GB fix that?

I am running a test with the same features but on a 32GB card I would let you know the results in a few days but if there is anyone who has already tried it can save my time and would be appreciated

krisc

You seems to have ML running on EOS M. Where from I can download it ? please

glmccready

John: Thanks for the list but I didn't see the EOS M on the list?  I havn't gotten the camera yet, but they are now pretty inexpensive,  just trying to make sure I can use ML, like I do on my 550, for time lapse.
Thanks,
Gary