[WONTFIX] Shortcut Menu For Speedlight Control for Yongnuo YN-622 triggers..

Started by peter.scharff, October 27, 2012, 10:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter.scharff

Hi A1ex Iv'e just purchased four Yongnuo YN-622 trancievers that work ettl and in manual mode via RF to control speedlights all reports are these are amazing and save a shed load of cash than buying the new RT Speedlights,you can control them via the Canon's menu to do ratios and groups etc, only thing is although the speedlight menus on Canons camera is workable its not to user friendly, is it possible to create a shortcut and new easy to program/edit menu for control of the speedlights ??

Keep up the great work....

Edit : Here is a link for a review http://flashhavoc.com/yn622c_review/

a1ex

Hahaha, since when Canon menus are less user friendly than ML ones?

Remember that guy who called ML "a buggy version of 2.0.3 rebranded with Magic Lanterns mDOS aesthetics and focus peaking" :P

peter.scharff

lol yep I do see your point a1ex heh, although you have the freedom to create a good user experiance :P looks are not in my opinion important, shortcuts and a clean fast workflow is important to myself, not halting the creative flow when on a shoot and having to change a setting thats buried deep within a set of menus ;)

So is it possible or are you sending my ass to hell with the feature request ?? heh

:P

a1ex

It's hard, flash settings are hardcoded in a big array which I believe to be camera-specific, and I need some gear for testing.

So... no.

peter.scharff

Thanks for the reply A1ex, I understand now, what about mapping a key say the rate key on the 5d mark 3 to open up the canon 'flash functions settings' in the 'External Speedlight control' menu, that would be a helpful. Maybe a global shortcut's feature from certain buttons to open up certain canon menus, could that be implimented ?

a1ex

peter.scharff

Yep already done that but its so long winded still :- canon menu,External speedlight control, scroll down (4 clicks), Flash function settings.
Its really breaks my flow in setting my speedlights up and config them while shooting, any how I wont push it as I know your a busy man a1ex and you've probably got more important things to focus on :)