Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

i know. but arenĀ“t there some improvenemts which are not in the actual build?
mlv viewer speed increase, full res?
thx.

a1ex

These are not in the nightly builds.

Believe it or not, I have yet to try my latest fullres silent pics changes (they are about 1 month old). I just couldn't find time to use my camera at all.

swinxx

uh. that sounds like a new job..
however.. thank you a lot.
so if you find time to test it, it would be really nice to implement that stuff sometime.

greets swinxx

robschii

hi im following ml and there nightly builds since 2 years.
ml is great  but why is no new nightly for the 550d since 7th. october at download page

what are the goals ml want to reach in the next half year

dmilligan

Quote from: robschii on November 01, 2014, 05:43:52 PM
why is no new nightly for the 550d since 7th. october
Quote from: a1ex on October 29, 2014, 10:41:27 AM
My spare time has dropped to almost zero (usually I can barely find time to read the forum), so please don't expect major progress from me in the near future. I expect things to clear up around January or February; until then I'm stuck with personal stuff unrelated to ML (and unrelated to Apertus).

JABA2

Hey everyone again.
Why the line beta.warn=1 in magic.cfg always returns to 1, even if changed to 0 manually?
I thought this could be a way of disabling annoying randomly appearing beta warning, but it's not.

dmilligan

The 'beta.warn' in the config is the day of the month the user was last warned, basically it is used to only warn the user once per day. Like I've already mentioned, if you would like to modify this behavior, it is very easy, but you have to modify the code and compile it yourself, there's not another way to do it.

CONFIG_INT("beta.warn", beta_warn, 0);
static int get_beta_timestamp()
{
    #ifdef CONFIG_QEMU
    return 1;
    #endif

struct tm now;
    LoadCalendarFromRTC(&now);
    return now.tm_mday;
}
static int beta_should_warn()
{
    int t = get_beta_timestamp();
    return beta_warn != t;
}

static void beta_set_warned()
{
    unsigned t = get_beta_timestamp();
    beta_warn = t;
}

sts1983

sorry bitbucket.org do not work at my system. If someone can post it for me?

canon 5DMK2: Mode: M; ISO 50; backeting automatic count - camera makes 1 photo with ISO50 and the next picutures with ISO 100. If I start with ISO 100 it is OK (no ISO change). If have no logfile for this.

Magic Lantern Nightly.2014Oct08.5D2212 (a27e3b9df491 (unified) tip)

shez5523

Hello, I'm new. Well, not really, I'm old. But new here. So I hope i'm doing this the right way.

I installed today. Canon 5D Mark iii Firm 123, No real problems. There is one feature I like to use. as I use it on my Mark ii, The motion detect.
It's not working. some of it is working. The screen comes up as though its working. white box, the little motion in the top let corner shows with
(motion 0 ) no matter what setting i use. 1-30 nothing happens. is it something i'm doing or not doing? it works great on Mark ii

another note. steady hand will shoot moving or not moving. 1-30 sensitivity or just not working correctly?

exposure diff seams to be working ok. just a quick test though

Thank you in advance for your time. I tried hard to find a topic on this. If I missed it. Sorry

garry23

shez5523

photo4ever

Hello everybody! I'm new. My name is Roberto. I hope i'm in the right topic.
That's my problem: I have a canon 550d. I have installed Magic Lantern on my sd and it works properly on my camera.
The problem is that i can't update the magic lantern. When i put on my sd card, the new files, with update...the camera doesn't work... 
I just download the update on my pc and put the new files on the sd, as the guide says.. :(
Would you please help me?
Thank you for your time...I tried to find a topic on this. If I missed it i'm sorry!

Walter Schulz

Delete Autoexec.bin and ML directory and copy extracted nightly build contents to card.

photo4ever

Hi and thank you for your answer!
This is what i do. I delete Autoexec.bin and ML directory and then i copy extracted nightly build contents to my card. I know that is easy and it is just what i do, but doesn't work :(
The camera doesn't work when i copy the new files, so i extract the sd card, i copy again the first version on my sd and it works. 
So frustrating... :(
What can i do?

Walter Schulz

"Doesn't work" is not that helpful.
Please be more detailed.

Which file have you downloaded? From where? Link please.

photo4ever

You're right! :)
So i download the file from here:
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/
and i select my camera: 550D.109
Then i extract the files and i copy them on my sd. I tried overwriting the old files, but doesn't work.
I tried deleting old files and copying the new ones, but doesn't work as well...
Tell me please what can i do... :(
And thank you again for your time!

Walter Schulz

Quote from: photo4ever on December 06, 2014, 03:26:57 PM
I tried overwriting the old files, but doesn't work.

As I wrote before: "Doesn't work" is not that helpful.

Just to be sure:
You deleted ML directory and Autoexec.bin from the card and copied nightly build Autoexec.bin and ML directory to the card?
Remove battery, insert battery and try again.

If this won't do the trick: If you're copying the "old" (whatever version that may be, you decided not to tell until now) files and directory to the card and cam will startup? Have you tried this lately?

photo4ever

Actually i didn't remove battery..i just put the new files on the sd...let me see if it works...
Sorry for my doesn't work. When i sayed doesn't work i wanted to say that the camera with the new files doesn't start. the red light flashes and nothing works. So i have to remove the battery and delete the new files from sd, then the camera works again.
Ok i try removing the battery and i'll let you know
The version that i put is this: magiclantern-0.2.0.rc1.550d.fw109

I have a question. What if install directly a new version, without the first version?

photo4ever

Ok, I deleted ML directory and Autoexec.bin from the card and I copied nightly build Autoexec.bin and ML directory to sdcard. Done
I Removed the battery, inserted battery and tried again. But nothing. The red light flashes...and the camera doesn't do anything. So i remove the battery, i remove the sd card and the the camera works again. But with a new version of magic lantern, doesn't do anything. The camera doesn't work. Maybe i should send you a video of what i do? :(

Walter Schulz

This version is outdated. By far.

Start from scratch:
Format the card using a cardreader.
Insert card into cam and format again.
Back into cardreader.
Copy extracted nightly contents to card
Download http://bitbucket.org/magiclantern/magic-lantern/downloads/magiclantern-v2.3.550D.60D.600D.50D.500D.5D2.zip. Expand it and copy 550D-109.fir to card.
Insert card into cam and run firmware update.

photo4ever

So starting from scratch as you told me:
I formatted the card.
But why should i update the firm ware at 1.09 if the firm ware of my camera is already 1.09?  :'(

Walter Schulz

photo4ever

Walter Schulz

If you done everything as described above there should be an installation screen which will ask you to reboot the cam before 30 seconds have passed.