NIGHTLY BUILDS ARE NOT FOR FIRST TIME INSTALLS go here to install RAW capabilities first:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5520.0What are nightly builds?
- Nightly builds are binaries compiled daily from the latest source code, by an automatic program (not a stable release)
- Download: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/
- Feature comparison matrix
- Changeset log on BitbucketUpdate by RenatoPhoto (Oct 1, 2013):
Delete ALL old files from card i.e. autoexec.bin and the entire ML directory and replace by new files. Do not mix old with new.Who should use nightly builds?
- Anyone who likes to live on the bleeding edge, wants to help ML development and doesn't care about some features being broken.Why should I use a nightly build?
- To try the latest features (e.g. you have requested a feature and it was implemented).
- To check if a bug was fixed.
- To help us with testing (please report any bugs you find
).What are the disadvantages of nightly builds?
- You are running untested code
. The source code is updated daily, and development sometimes progresses very quickly. We can't test every little change on all cameras, so a few things may not work as expected.
- No documentation
- the only help for new features is a small line of text, and ML source code.
- No guarantees
- if it breaks, you get to keep both pieces. Well, the same is true for stable releases - but at least, the chances of things going wrong should be much lower.What's new?
- See the feature comparison matrix
- Browse the changeset log on Bitbucket
- Look for feature requests
marked as "DONE". You might find some cool stuff there.
- The list of changes is huge - if you want a nice summary, you need to wait for the next stable release.Will it work on my camera?
- Hopefully yes.
- Make sure you download the correct version for your camera.
- Some cameras are no longer maintained by anyone, so a lot of things are probably broken. If you find broken stuff, and you have some basic C skills, some spare time, and you like the idea of programming your own camera, give it a try
. Patches welcome.Anything else?
- If you run bleeding edge code, we kindly ask you to give something back - bug reports
. Tell us what is not working, so we can fix it.