I guess it's time to post a small update, mostly with bugfixes.Download
The most important change is a card test executed at startup. My 16GB (Kingston 266x) card has problems, and I'm trying to diagnose the issue: maybe it's just my card, or maybe it's related to this
. If the test fails on your camera, please report.
There are also a few handy tweaks:
- Histogram and waveform moved to bottom
- New experimental display for focus peaking (extreme sharpness)
- 16:9 bars for anamorphic preview
- Focus box moves faster (not yet customizable)
- After taking a picture and pressing Zoom In right away, you can scroll through pictures
- Saturation boost when adjusting white balance
- Warnings for bad settings (e.g. if you set picture quality to JPEG instead of RAW by mistake)
- Dim the red LED while recording (make it less distracting)
Now, about the photo features. I can enable most of them, but, while running the random stability test, at some point the camera froze; I took the battery out, and found out that LiveView was no longer working (even when booting without card). Cleared camera settings and it's OK now. But this shows clearly that there's something fishy inside.
So, all other features that depend on properties will have to wait
until I'll understand what happened. It may take a few months, maybe more, maybe less, I have no idea.
Current alphas are pretty safe, to the best of my knowledge.