LRTimelapse and bulb ramping

Started by screamer, July 28, 2012, 10:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screamer

Hi guys,
today i'm trying for the first time lrtimelapse
It's a very powerful software, that is used to set all you need about timelapses (like deflickering and other things, such as keyframing every aspect of the scene in time).
And i've tried it with a old bulb ramp that i've discarded because it was too flickering. And surprisingly the result with LRtimelapse is quite interesting. The idea behind this software is very genial, in my opinion. It is like a brain, that calculates all the parameters needed in lightroom frame by frame. Then it saves all this calculation in the metadata of files, and when back in lightroom, you only need to reimport the metadata et voilĂ , the timelapse is done. for me is amazing! :)

here is the video: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pedroscreamerovsky/7664015610/
always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

scrax

I use it  for timelapse too, for me is great to make the video file direct from LR, and you can also used editing functions as effects on the timelapse without need to have video editing software.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Malcolm Debono

Great timelapse! I need to give this software a try :)
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

screamer

@scrax: that's the point. You finally can keyframe all the lightroom stuff over the time and export directly the video. for me is better than afterfx for timelapses :))
if someone is interested here is a video of the new (no more free) version. Actually i'm using the previous version that you can download for free on rttimelapse site, but i think i will buy the new version soon because i love that new interface and all those new functions.
always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2