Dolomites timelapse

Started by screamer, August 27, 2012, 04:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screamer

Hi all,
just s short timelapse, part of a huge amount of timelapses i'm doing in dolomites these days. i have only one week to shot, so i have a lot of raw material to process when i will be back in rome. This is only a little preview.
The timelapse was done using magic lantern of course, and the postpro was done in lightroom, with the help of LRTimelapse for keyframing and for deflickering.
enjoy

always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

MichalLeder

I am wondering what is the interval in this shot? In mountain clouds I would use 1 or 2 seconds. Here it seems to be much longer, like 3-5 sec.

--
Best regards
Michal

screamer

Yes, here is much longer than 5 sec too, if i remember well was 12seconds. Do you think it's too much? do you suggest to use less time between shots?
always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

Pumpkinwaffle

I think shorter intervals would benefit yeah. It feels a tad skippy, could timelapse really shine when it's smooth.
550D ~ canon 50mm 1.8 ~ canon EF-S 18-55mm ~ canon 35-80mm [macro moded]
http://pumpkinwaffle.deviantart.com/

MichalLeder

Quote from: screamer on August 28, 2012, 02:40:01 PM
[...] Do you think it's too much? do you suggest to use less time between shots?

Of course it is up to you. However:
- clouds in the mountains usually move fast, so you need short intervals;
- having them moving slower in TL give a feel of majesty - like mountains are.