Uninstalling Magic Lantern

Started by toodles90, July 26, 2018, 05:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toodles90

Hey guys,

I am pretty new to the community, but have been using Magic Lantern on my 5DIII. Recently, I have been wanting use some of the features available in Canon 1.2.3. So, I figured I would just uninstall Magic Lantern and update the Canon firmware, then install the 1.2.3 build of Magic Lantern.

The only problem is that I went through the process (formatting the card in camera), and then reformatting the card and putting the Canon firmware on it, but then when I try to update the firmware it starts the magic lantern install and tells me autoexec.bin is not present.

Where did I mess up? Any help would be much appreciated.

Walter Schulz

0) Delete *.fir from card
1) Copy extracted nightly build content to card (I suppose you are running 1.1.3).
2) Run firmware update
3) Wait for timeout (60 sec) and restart cam
4) Format card in cam

Proceed with updating Canon firmware 1.2.3.

janreal

I have a problem where a card won't boot up. I have two cards, other one boots up. How do I uninstall ML from the one that doesnt boot up? Does 6D look up every SD specifically or... do all SD Cards have to have ML or do all cards have to be clean

Walter Schulz

Remove battery and format card using cardreader.
Insert battery and card. If card doesn't work after: There are incompatible cards not able to work with ML's loading process. Old EyeFi cards are known to have this problem. If you own such a card:
- Get rid off it and use a newer EyeFi or another brand.
or
- Get rid of ML and use this card. You have to uninstall ML by running install again (Yes, it sounds weird but pay attention to screen messages).

Feel free to read install guide and FAQ.