50D RAW with cheap yongnuo lenses

Started by Newpz84, October 20, 2017, 06:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newpz84

So I went the cheapest possible route to see what I could get. I think it works...

Komputerbay Card
Youngnuo Lenses
Lots of patience

Teamsleepkid

incredible. hows the moire and aliasing? not too bad?
EOS M

Newpz84

Not too bad, but it's there for sure. I use filters in post and usually we all good :)

bpv5P

Oh man, very cute, an "Into the Wild" atmosphere in this. There's some issues with white balance in the first scenes, but overall it's great.
Never heard of Yongnuo though. I use a old Takumar in 50D, it gets good results with MLV too...

IDA_ML

Please, post a link to the video.  I cannot see it.

Teamsleepkid

what filters in post for moire and aliasing? Or more specifically how did you do it?
EOS M

IDA_ML

Beautiful photography!  Next time, you may want to use a slider to introduce a little motion and filmic look to the static landscape shots.

Newpz84

Newpz84

Quote from: Teamsleepkid on October 21, 2017, 06:35:58 AM
what filters in post for moire and aliasing? Or more specifically how did you do it?

There's a great tool built into MlRawViewer that I use to fix the repeating pattern problems. It's not perfect but it cleans it up to my liking. Brick walls and zebra shirts will always be a problem. But hey, it's a $180 camera that shoots raw! Can't be too picky :) I've used almost every program to turn my MLVs into DNGs and MlRawViewer has given me the best results.

There's always the option of ponying up for this bad boy: http://www.mosaicengineering.com/products/vaf/50d.html