Relink jpeg proxy to regular dng

Started by 12georgiadis, November 04, 2017, 06:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

12georgiadis

Hello,

I received a project that was edited in fcp7 and needs to be
Conformed to resolve. The proxy editing uses .jpeg exported from regular dng (original are ml raw) and dng converted from .arw (Sony). When I import the xml, the dng are not relinked from the proxy jpg. It's not the way I'm normally doing things but that's what I received. Any help is welcome. Thanks!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

so-rose

Quote from: 12georgiadis on November 04, 2017, 06:57:13 PM
Hello,

I received a project that was edited in fcp7 and needs to be
Conformed to resolve. The proxy editing uses .jpeg exported from regular dng (original are ml raw) and dng converted from .arw (Sony). When I import the xml, the dng are not relinked from the proxy jpg. It's not the way I'm normally doing things but that's what I received. Any help is welcome. Thanks!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

What do you mean by relink? It seems as though you developed a JPG sequence, which are different files, from the raw (un-demosaic'ed) DNG sequence. You'll probably need to find the original DNG sequence and put those through Resolve.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

convmlv - feed it your footage, it's safe I swear  -   http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16799.0

openlut - recoloring your day, lut by lut  -  http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=17820.0

IDA_ML

Or, you could create a H.264 video from the JPEGs and use it as a proxy.  Wouldn't that work?

12georgiadis

We solved it by hand. Explanation : when you want to edit photo on an NLE to make a diaporama, it's sometimes hard to handle very high resolution like 5k (if we had animation effects etc.). So we generated smaller files from RAW in jpg (smaller than 2k). But contrary to video, there is no relation between the two files in the metadatas. In video, we have timecode for example. So when we do the conformation, Resolve is unable to conform just with name file, even when you change the extension ".jpg, .raw".
The only solution is to edit online, but we didn't have enough power with the machine. I have another fiction project to manage that is all in photography and we decided to use a high end machine and Resolve. We are also experimenting with the silent picture option to save time.

Danne

12georgiadis

Yes, it works with cinema DNG but not for still photo because the problem comes from conformation (XML metadata between the NLE and Resolve)