Previous topic - Next topic

Ali Oliya

Hi again...I'm learning a lot from you ML folks...Very thankful of that

Shot on Canon 5D mark iii ML Raw / 12bit
MLVs converted to DNG using cr2hdr.app
DNGs converted to CineLog-C in After Effect/ exported to prores444
Edited and graded in premiere
Tracking elements done in AE
Lens: EF24-70 2.8 II / EF70-200 2.8 II / Handheld (no rig)
Light: 2 x LED 1000

https://vimeo.com/236414015

The_bald_guy

The location is kinda disturbing for a girl with scarf in luxury clothing. It feels like a statement of some kind.

aschille84

I like it, lovely colors! Some microjitter from the handheld shots, but otherwise really nice to look at.

hjfilmspeed

Awesome! Amazing grading, shots, text and sound design!

Ali Oliya

Quote from: The_bald_guy on October 03, 2017, 04:51:33 PM
The location is kinda disturbing for a girl with scarf in luxury clothing. It feels like a statement of some kind.

It's Iran here and women must wear scarfs. we shot 6 set of different outfits in this location.

Ali Oliya

Quote from: aschille84 on October 03, 2017, 11:02:12 PM
I like it, lovely colors! Some microjitter from the handheld shots, but otherwise really nice to look at.

Thank you. lesson learned. I will consider using a rig from now on..

Quote from: hjfilmspeed on October 03, 2017, 11:43:39 PM
Awesome! Amazing grading, shots, text and sound design!

Thank you very much..glad you liked my friend.

DeafEyeJedi

Amazing work once again @Ali Oliya -- especially for handheld with a 70-200L II IS. Love that glass as I wish to own one. Play with one at work tons tho!

Assuming these so called microjitters were from using 24-70 2.8 @ 70mm, right? I've learned that's it works better when you hold the camera like its a plastic cup (without squeezing too much) when it comes to using zoom with no IS.

I prefer the sharpness from the 24-70L than the smoothness of 24-105L though a tad slower. Life's full of compromises.

Maybe already did but have you tried using some Stabilizer-plugin while in post?

Love the sound tracks on this one and at the introduction while her footsteps upon the beginning of the first beat was priceless.

Great use of these lighting sources. Are most of these flares you produce coming from the actual Sunlight coming through or the LED's?  :)

So glad you are still utilizing the most out of Cinelog-DCP -- it really stands out well in your films as of late.

I call it film because you keep it as authentic as it can be when it comes to MLV RAW. Two thumbs, my friend!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

whitelight

Very nice job, I especially liked the titles. One thing I would change is to switch the dolly at 00:19 and the one at 00:46 as the move-into-scene generally belongs, from a language perspective, to the beginning of the action while the move-out dolly is more suited to the ending.

Harold

Looks good, but i can see that you've some deads pixels....

Kyle Kearns

I like it!

Any particular reason why you had the lights and light stands in the background?

Ali Oliya

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on October 05, 2017, 07:52:27 PM
Amazing work once again @Ali Oliya -- especially for handheld with a 70-200L II IS. Love that glass as I wish to own one. Play with one at work tons tho!
Thank you bro! I actually rented that glass too.. have you heard about Tamron 70-200 new series? i heard it beats Canon 70-200! with much less price...

QuoteAssuming these so called microjitters were from using 24-70 2.8 @ 70mm, right? I've learned that's it works better when you hold the camera like its a plastic cup (without squeezing too much) when it comes to using zoom with no IS.
yes right and Thanks for the tip..i will keep it in mind. what i learned so far is to never touch the camera without a rig or IS.

QuoteI prefer the sharpness from the 24-70L than the smoothness of 24-105L though a tad slower. Life's full of compromises.
24-70 is a very needed lens for video. much much better than the clumsy slow 24-105.

QuoteMaybe already did but have you tried using some Stabilizer-plugin while in post?
yes i did some warp stabilizing on 24-70 footages. it worked in some shots and never worked in jmicrojittery shots. thats why i left them that way.

QuoteGreat use of these lighting sources. Are most of these flares you produce coming from the actual Sunlight coming through or the LED's?  :)
No, they were all some light leaks curated footages (from Lens Distortion) added in post with screen blending :)

QuoteSo glad you are still utilizing the most out of Cinelog-DCP -- it really stands out well in your films as of late.
Cinelog-DCP is a magic. works like charm. i believe its the best thing you can grant to your Raw footages. so close to Alexa LogC

QuoteI call it film because you keep it as authentic as it can be when it comes to MLV RAW. Two thumbs, my friend!
Very kind of you my friend. I'm glad you you think so!

Ali Oliya

Quote from: whitelight on October 05, 2017, 11:08:21 PM
Very nice job, I especially liked the titles. One thing I would change is to switch the dolly at 00:19 and the one at 00:46 as the move-into-scene generally belongs, from a language perspective, to the beginning of the action while the move-out dolly is more suited to the ending.

100% agree with you now that i review it... you are correct...my bad! ;)

Ali Oliya

Quote from: Kyle Kearns on October 12, 2017, 03:02:15 AM
I like it!

Any particular reason why you had the lights and light stands in the background?

Thanks. no particular reason. the photographer was shooting and i had to shoot the video at the same time! :)

Quote from: Harold on October 11, 2017, 10:16:43 AM
Looks good, but i can see that you've some deads pixels....

dead pixels? can you explain?