Magic Lantern with EOS Utility

Started by gamedesign, August 04, 2017, 01:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamedesign

Hi All

I have noticed that when I have ML installed that I cannot get a live view through my EOS Utility software when clicking on Live View Shoot.
Am I doing something wrong?

Walter Schulz

Unable to reproduce your error with 650D and 7D in EOS Utility v2.

Please give more details about your equipment and software used. Does LV in EOS Utility work without ML loaded?

gamedesign

Thanks so much for replying.
Yeah LV works fine in EOS Utility when ML isn't installed.
I have EOS Utility 2, EOS 7D connected via the data cable. With ML (March 12 2017 build) installed.
DO you think that maybe there is a ML setting that could be causing it? Something maybe I could change?
When I launch EOS Utility I get the "Press Start/Stop button to actiavte movie shooting" come up on the back of the 7D, which I press. I then click on Live View Shoot in EOS Utility and I get no preview window.
I have just noticed if I disable MLV_Rec in ML it works fine. That's really annoying. I wonder if that means I won't be able to use DLSR Controller on an Android device either :(

Any thoughts?

Walter Schulz

Well, there is a bug.
650D works with MLV_REC.mo + EOS Utility.
7D does not. I have to lookup in Bitbucket if this is a known issue before creating a new bug report.

Just tested with latest nightly build (01.Aug.2017)

EDIT: Created bug report https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issues/2761/7d-liveview-in-eos-utility-not-working

gamedesign

gamedesign

gamedesign

Hi All

Does anyone know if this is something that is getting looked at? It would be really helpful to have the ability to use this setup. I would even pay a little bit of cash to have this working :)
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issues/2761/7d-liveview-in-eos-utility-not-working

gamedesign

Hey guys, any news on this at all? Just want to know if its something that is being worked on or not :)

russellsnr

Hi, This will not help the problem with useing ML and Canon EOSU but if you want near the same options as ML offers via a computer have a look at QDSLDashboard for Windows https://dslrdashboard.info/downloads/
Russ

gamedesign

Hi there

Thanks for the link, I will give it a go. The main reason I want to link my my EOS 7D to another device is so I can have a bigger screen to view while recording RAW.
At the moment I am using my laptop with EZCap to view the composite video. Its not a great quality image at all. So I'm gonna try and see if it works. Thanks again :)

gamedesign

Just tried it and it has the same problem as EOSU. The live view just doesn't work while shooting RAW.
I would really like to know if this is something that is going to be fixed or not. If its not I totally understand as its an old camera now, but I would just like to know so I can possibly move on from trying to get something to work. Anyway this doesn't detract from the fact that ML is amazing and has vastly improved my video footage :)