Canon 50D Error 06 LOCK UP

Started by whoreable, September 21, 2017, 05:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoreable

I have been using ML for about a year now, this Canon 50D was a used frame I purchased more than a year ago.

A few months ago it started to throw Error 8o codes and I would have to hard eject the battery to get it back, sometimes It would lockup on first photo after, sometimes It would work for weeks.

Today it finally threw an error 06 lense cleaning error please contact canon. I have pressed down the Menu button and turned on, to try and disable auto clean but the camera freezes before I can get to that point.

Is there any other way to unbrick this or possibly save my camera? Thank you!

whoreable

I think i fixed it! I purchased an 80D shortly after 3 years ago. Today I had a hunch, I removed the small Cr2016 battery, inserted it into another device to check the levels, it had power. I threw it back in the dusty 50D body, reformatted the old card, uploaded a new magic lantern zip but found an autoexec on the forum to show a led bleep. I clicked the On button over, thinking deep down inside nothing was going to change in the last 3 years, i must have played with it for a week straight 3 years ago. Let alone! she turned on! I tried to fire the shutter, Error 30. Kept getting it, so im charging the battery again and going to clean the contacts and such, should be working tho i think! wow.

whoreable

and i also updated the firmware to the the magic lantern, still got the error but i think itll work once i get these batterys properly charged they have been sitting idle for almost 3 years