Ettr Timelapse

Started by javamaster10000, September 14, 2017, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javamaster10000

Hello there, I am new to this forum, so I am really not sure if this thread is where it is supposed to be...
However, I am having a Problem or whatever you want to call it with Magic Lantern

I use ML mainly to create Timelapses, I do this by using the intervallometer, to take a pic every 7 seconds and the ettr module to keep the exposure where it is supposed to be. This works quite well until it gets dark. Ettr keeps the exposure to a certain ev point (as I shoot mainly sunsets, I like to use -3 as my exposure target), but this starts to look stupid when darkness sets. The picture is brighter than reality, and all the light is amplified to a point where it just doesn't look good any more. I will provide an example as soon as I have it uploaded to some place.
Is there any way around it, maybe to allow ettr to go darker if it is above a certain exposure level?

I know that ETTR is dooing exactly what it is supposed to do, but It just is not wat I want it to do  :( btw, I disabeled basically all limits in Ettr, as the landscape is always gone be below it, and this is okay for me.

Thank you for all your help and answers!