VFXish Experimental music Video - 60D 10 Bit RAW

Started by whyfy, September 10, 2017, 07:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyfy

Got inspiration from another instrumental video. I wasn't all that difficult trying to beat the recording limit on the 60D (17secs), I set it to 2:35.1 and decreased the resolution a little to squeeze more frames. Processed with MLV Producer to ProRes 422 Clog, Graded in Resolve, After effects and Premier pro. Work flow was a bit messy because its the first time doing something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl5t9lIB0jQ

cmccullum

Nice work man. I've actually been thinking about doing something kind of similar, but using the video frames to make photos. Only thing I didn't really like was the font and color on the titles. Not sure about your workflow, but you probably could have gotten by with just ae or premiere

goldenchild9to5

Awesome nice work @whyfy like the color grading and composition.  By the way what film grain, dust, and scratches did you use? 

Flanka

That's a wonderful music video. I really like it. It's so inspring and impressive. Everything in this video is really great!

whyfy

Quote from: cmccullum on September 11, 2017, 06:52:08 PM
Nice work man. I've actually been thinking about doing something kind of similar, but using the video frames to make photos. Only thing I didn't really like was the font and color on the titles. Not sure about your workflow, but you probably could have gotten by with just ae or premiere

I'm soo bad at titles and graphics like that ! Its my weak point when it comes to media  :)
My workflow was bad like that because I was being lazy to learn a proper workflow and it was kind of a fun project to pass time.

And if you're thinking of trying something like this I want to see!! even if its 30secs.

Quote from: goldenchild9to5 on September 12, 2017, 08:46:10 AM
Awesome nice work @whyfy like the color grading and composition.  By the way what film grain, dust, and scratches did you use? 

4K Dirt vintage film dust hair damage 35mm footage FREE noise overlay after effects premiere HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtZwp4kBP4M

I like it because its not too much grain and it adds some scratches as well.

Quote from: Flanka on September 12, 2017, 11:01:40 AM
That's a wonderful music video. I really like it. It's so inspring and impressive. Everything in this video is really great!

thank you  :D :D :D

dfort

Ha ha, some of those effects are subtle. Must be fun to watch this stoned. Not that I would know  ;)

It would be great to get lossless compressed on this camera. You can get longer recording times and/or larger frame sizes with lossless compressed than you can with just fewer bits.

whyfy

Quote from: dfort on September 17, 2017, 11:40:21 PM
Ha ha, some of those effects are subtle. Must be fun to watch this stoned. Not that I would know  ;)

It would be great to get lossless compressed on this camera. You can get longer recording times and/or larger frame sizes with lossless compressed than you can with just fewer bits.

maybe  :)