Import Cinemadng from Premier to Aftereffects(replace with after effects comp)

Started by davilucho, September 05, 2017, 06:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davilucho

Hello all
Need some help with this.
I normally work  in premiere pro with my cinemadng files and i use resolve for the color grading.
The thing is sometimes my projects need some VFX, and I always use after effects. When I have my sequence almost finished except the vfx in premiere, I right clip the DNGsequence to replace with an after composition, but I only get One frame in after. I mean, everything works fine but in after effects i only see the first frame.
Is there any chance so I can get all the project of premiere replacing to after?

dfort

Just tried it and it looks like an Adobe dynamic link bug to me. Adobe Camera Raw opens before After Effects which is probably expected with a DNG image sequence but then only the first frame shows up in the composition even though it seems to indicate that all the frames were imported.

PaulHarwood856

Hey davilucho,

This problem has been going on for a couple years. I had the same issue in 2015. Can you try importing the project into After Effects? Davinci Resolve can export a Premiere Pro XML (14 Beta Version), but I don't think that would solve what you are trying to do. I think if you import you project into After Effects, do the VFX, it will automatically update in Premiere Pro. I could be wrong, but it's worth a try right? I hope this helps, and if you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask.

- Paul