50d + t4i (650d) raw - first ever wedding video'

Started by favvomannen, August 30, 2017, 08:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

favvomannen

Had really really bad luck with cloudy wether. were hoping for the colours to pop during sunlight, but 90% were cloudy. also it was extremely stressful with all gear, 2 cameras. (i was one man band), i know i need another cameraman if i do another gig. but it was fun.

well its 20minutes compressed down to a 3minute wedding trailer all shot in raw.

give lots of constructive feedback i know i have alot to learn. im sad there were to much clouds n shades thruought the video though.

https://youtu.be/PyUx_h_OnZI

(watch in 4k) ((must watch on a pc))

nikki

favvomannen

post process was

- mlv producer or/and mlv mystic to uncomp dngs

1. imort to ae
2. higlight adjustments in acr , minor colour tweek in acr
3. (sadly i forgot to set 16bit timeline, so 8bit export to uncompressed.avi from ae)
4. all .avis arranged in premiere pro
5. export to 150mbps mp4 file from premiere pro

IDA_ML

Very shaky and amateurish looking video.  Use a tripod whenever possible, compose and focus carefully and wait for the moment before you push the record button.  If you need to shoot handheld with a wideangle lens use a Steady/Fly-Cam to stabilize your video.  Watch tutorials on youtube on how to shoot wedding videos and practise a lot before you try again.

And don't blame the clouds.  They are your best friends when shooting events !!!  Sunny weather creates too much contrast and instead of eyes, you get black holes on people's faces.

favvomannen

i agre there is alot of shake. newtime ill be sure to use tripod. i shot handheld because batteries of my 3axis gimbal ran out. n00bish misstakes.

i dont agree compleate with sun is bad tho. it makes color pop, afternoon sun. Heavy cloudy day dosnt do rawvideo justice.

rsmith02

Thanks for sharing it. It was creative and different than most wedding videos which I appreciated. The stop motion scene was funny and there was a good variety of shots of the ceremony. Personally I am more drawn into people's reactions to the wedding than just the ceremony itself so if you had more time or a second shooter, turn away from the couple and capture the atmosphere and feeling of the event as their families react to it.

Technically I'm not sure if raw is really useful here. There were odd color inconsistencies between sequential shots that I found distracting- why weren't they color corrected the same? Was that the issue of clouds? Multiple cameras? Maybe try to fake it a bit more in post by adding contrast to the cloudier shots.
Perhaps use a loupe to ensure focus- I find it essential for my T3i. I don't have a problem with the camera shake- it gives it a more "in the moment" feel. A gimbal would be helpful for walking shots.

favvomannen

thx for a great constructive feedback. i must tell that everything that can go wrong went wrong. I havnt watched more than 5 weddingvideos in total so im pretty unbiaced. Next time will be alot better.

Catastrophies that occured:

- traffic chaos made us late to the wedding
- gimbal batteries ended during ceremony
- cf card got full during ceremony
- camerabattery failed during ceremony.

it all happened so fast. i had not 1 minute to stand still and get focus. also while on gimbal its impossible to focus.

on the way from church to the dinner i tried downloading the mlv files to a laptop to empty the cf card but the laptop was full.

it was the most disasterous weddingshoot ever in history i bet.  that said the bride n groom were ok with the results.

I agree. Nextime.

- tripod
- more focus on the guests
- second shooter!!
- getting focus

For my next endevour. glad someone found it fun at least. :)

Ps why not same colour = i cc in acr forgot to save preset. Hard to get same colour again. Timeconsuming. Got payed very little.