Black screen when recording 10bit/12bit raw on 600d

Started by awa101, August 23, 2017, 11:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awa101

Hi guys,  I can record 14bit raw with no issues but when I record at 10 or 12bit the footage appears to record with no problems however upon playback the mlv Is just black footage. I'm using the 10/12bit experimental build. Thanks

andy kh

Format your card n try reinstalling ML. Mine worked that way.
5D Mark III - 70D

bpv5P

It works for me too. The thumbnail on windows explorer will be black, but when you open on a raw processor it just works.
Try reinstalling, if even after that you cannot record, put here your configuration files, you may have some bad config...

Bassbeats

Quote from: awa101 on August 23, 2017, 11:31:58 AM
Hi guys,  I can record 14bit raw with no issues but when I record at 10 or 12bit the footage appears to record with no problems however upon playback the mlv Is just black footage. I'm using the 10/12bit experimental build. Thanks
I have the same problem with a 700d, how did you fix it?

Bassbeats

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

theBilalFakhouri

@Bassbeats
Do you mean playing the 10/12bit uncompressed MLV in the camera using mlv_play?

You should enable raw_twk.mo to get normal preview --> but raw_twk.mo is not good 100% it have some problems and it will affect or damage raw footage in some cases.

Why you didn't use a build from crop_rec_4k branch and try to record 14-bit lossless instead?

If the problem when viewing it in PC --> Try MLV App

Bassbeats

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on June 12, 2018, 09:18:17 PM
@Bassbeats
Do you mean playing the 10/12bit uncompressed MLV in the camera using mlv_play?

You should enable raw_twk.mo to get normal preview --> but raw_twk.mo is not good 100% it have some problems and it will affect or damage raw footage in some cases.

That did the job! I enabled raw_twk
Thanks a lot mate, thanks :)