What are your best and really cheap lens for video/cinematography?

Started by blatzkrov, August 22, 2017, 06:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatzkrov

I am searching for some sh lens for an upcoming Canon DSLR I wanna buy (probably the 700D or 650D since my budget only allows this). What are some of the best lens for some general use when talking about filming?

extremelypoorfilmaker

Hey, my little advice: DON't buy the 700D. I know it seems a lot of money, but really save up, ask for loan and get to the 5D3. Think about it: 5D3 raw footage if properly treated in post it's basically good as the alexa!

For best lenses: Helios 58mm f.2 44-2, super takumar 135mm 2.8, nikon ai 28mm f2.0 or if on a budget photax paragon 28mm 2.8 
:)

bpv5P

From 700D to 5D3 is a lot of money. I would suggest 50D instead of 700D. It can record with a comparable quality to the 5D (in low ISO and lower resolutions) and very cheap. Just buy a fast card (1000x).

For lens: I'd recommend Helios-44 too, it's very cheap. If you have a little more money, it's really worth you buy a Takumar 50mm f/1.4 - I use this lens for about 5 years without any issues, and the extra f-stop is great if you're going to buy 50D.

ps. I can send some samples from 50D if you want, compared to 600D.

Rob Curd

Personally from experience, I was given years ago some old Pentax K lenses. As long as you don't mind manual focus you can pick up a relatively fast 50mm f1.7 for next to nothing on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dfort

Quote from: blatzkrov on August 22, 2017, 06:33:27 PM
I am searching for some sh lens...

What's an "sh lens" ? Are you asking about spherical lens as opposed to an anamorphic? There are literally thousands of good cheap lenses to choose from. It all depends on what sort of a look you're going for.