Canon EOS 1000D problem buSY HELP!

Started by bokacbl, August 18, 2017, 07:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bokacbl

Hello my frends,
You may be the only one that can help me :D

I have EOS 1000D and big problem.

Cant boot during power on. When I put fully charged battery, close batt. door, RED LED blink fast 1-2 sec and thats all. LCD display is black and stay black. When I press shutter to half or full, I can see tru viewfinder buSY message , ISO change value on light and thats all. When I put LOCKED SD Card, tru viewfinder I can see Err. , when I put  unlocked SD Card ..still buSY. Shutter have no responde, except when pressed it is displayed buSY. I can select AF point tru viewfinder. Thats all!

USB to PC = not detected!

Is there any chance to get unbicked?

Walter Schulz

Remove battery, remove card.
Insert battery. Do *not* insert card.
Startup cam.
Report back.

bokacbl

Yeah, but no luck.
I tried everything, tried to turn on all combinations, but without success. I even disassembled and removed the time battery for a while, the battery is 1.6V. I cleaned all the contacts and put it together. Totally the same

a1ex

The first requirement for unbricking: we should be able to run code on the camera. If you are not able to access Canon menu and run a firmware update, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do.

The second requirement: a ML port should be available for your camera. Currently, the 1000D runs a LED blinker and the portable display test, there are some VxWorks ports to start from, and some - not very complete - support in the emulator, so it's doable (at least a ROM dumper should be easy).

If you already have the boot flag enabled (very unlikely, unless you have run engelmarkus' BootDisk-Enabler in the past), you are lucky.

bokacbl

I did not touch anything, everything was left on the stock. I did not even look at the firmware version because I did not know that this was happening at previous firmware revisions. Then I began to read this forum and your development of alternative software.
Is there any possibility to boot something from an SD card?

a1ex

No, to my knowledge.

However, there is an unexplored path that could be helpful: https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7531

The UART pins for both the main CPU and the MPU are likely to be in the battery slot (at least for some models). If you can find some sort of UART activity on these pins, I'll look into it.

I hope to be able to check these pins on a 550D later in September; meanwhile, I have 2 pictures to share (will add them on the linked thread).

bokacbl

OK, tnx for help. I need to find UART RX, TX..