/ Moments / 50P Raw Canon 5d MIII

Started by wasim89, August 18, 2017, 10:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasim89

So I've shot my first personal project using ML and Its been quite an experience, I really learned a lot.

Shot in 50p with Canon 5D m3 with 24-105 lens and a shoulder rig, Edited/graded in DaVinci resolve and compressed with handbrake.

>>>>>>>   https://vimeo.com/230174415 

cmccullum

That was really nice to watch. I feel like overall it was a little dark, but the colors were pretty nice. Care to share some of your grading process? Favorite shot at 0:26 beautiful

wasim89

Quote from: cmccullum on August 19, 2017, 04:43:19 AM
That was really nice to watch. I feel like overall it was a little dark, but the colors were pretty nice. Care to share some of your grading process? Favorite shot at 0:26 beautiful

Thank You Cmcullum, i'm glad you liked it!   I converted the color space of the video to bmd film and then applied M31 lut, decreased the opacity of it and played around with the curves , color wheels. I'm a newbie to resolve and color grading, so i just winged it. :D :D

davilucho

wasim89

Quote from: davilucho on August 19, 2017, 12:12:57 PM
Love it !!
where is this place?

Thank you very much Davilucho, its a beach in my hometown Kanyakumari, the southernmost point in India.

bpv5P

Very good!
I personally don't see the darker scenes as a problem. The thing I always say: to a technical guy, a visual engineer, the best image would be a 18% gray card, because it has the best SNR and DR, although it express nothing. Don't be afraid to step out of the technically correct, you're flowing with human perception and heuristic mechanism, not with predictable models.
Overall, pretty good. The only point I didn't liked was the typography at the end. I think a geometric sans-serif font would be better.