MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilia3101

Is it a combination of anamorphic and high framerate stretch? We also need to be able to handle that together with anamorphic. I think best way is to have anamorphic ratio options: 1.33, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0, and an On/Off for additional vertical 1.67x (5:3) stretch

OlegK

Quote from: masc on December 06, 2017, 10:32:05 PM
@a1ex: I think @OlegK uses a special lens for that...
@OlegK: 1.75x horizontal stretch looks right for my eyes. Yes, you can select the factor in the clip receipt now. So each clip can have another factor here. It is also exported with the factor (png & ffmpeg export, not dng). As I wrote, we still have some bugs to fix... when we have a solution here, we will make a release.

Thanks Man! :D

OlegK

OlegK

Quote from: Ilia3101 on December 06, 2017, 10:34:54 PM
Is it a combination of anamorphic and high framerate stretch? We also need to be able to handle that together with anamorphic. I think best way is to have anamorphic ratio options: 1.33, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0, and an On/Off for additional vertical 1.67x (5:3) stretch

If you can add 1.80X Would be cool! :D

masc

Exactly that I implemented.
Edit: 1.8x is added too.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

OlegK

OlegK

Ilia I have no moire in your program its really good!
Is there any way to fix rolling shutter in MLV?
Thanks!

Also purple fringing

OlegK

Would be nice to have all shoot info at the Botton like this:

upload photos

And in Footage if your WB at the moment of the shooting was 5600, when you open the file it opens with same value it was shoot, very handy. than you can change if you want, or reset to defaults. 

If you can do "reset to default settings" for all buttons would be nice too!

masc

Quote from: OlegK on December 07, 2017, 04:23:49 PM
Is there any way to fix rolling shutter in MLV?
Not yet. If you know how to do (image processing)... please help...

Quote from: OlegK on December 07, 2017, 08:39:09 PM
Would be nice to have all shoot info at the Botton like this:
You can open the "Information" dialog and have it always at the side. I think that is sufficient...

And in Footage if your WB at the moment of the shooting was 5600, when you open the file it opens with same value it was shoot, very handy. than you can change if you want, or reset to defaults. 
Yeah, would be nice... but I have not found out how exactly to read that atm. When I understood the mlv header right, that won't work for automatic and custom mode.

If you can do "reset to default settings" for all buttons would be nice too!
Edit->Reset Receipt.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

goldenchild9to5

Great App.. I tried it and it's awesome.  The only feature that I think it needs is a Highlight slider, if you can implement that it would be awesome.

masc

Quote from: goldenchild9to5 on December 07, 2017, 09:32:27 PM
Great App.. I tried it and it's awesome.  The only feature that I think it needs is a Highlight slider, if you can implement that it would be awesome.
Yes, I miss it too. But how you can get that indirectly: lower exposure and raise lighten. I use that atm and I am satisfied for now :-)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ilia3101

A lot of good ideas from @OlegK

Rolling shutter: With magic lantern we can estimate very precisely the rolling shutter interval, and if we track a few points' movement in the image, we can also figure out the (approximate) direction of movement... and in turn how much to skew the image. However that is something I'd rather do at a later stage of MLV App development (if ever.........), as it involves spatial transformations...

Quote from: goldenchild9to5 on December 07, 2017, 09:32:27 PM
thxx... highlights are something I've been putting back, as it involves more than one pixel at a time and would be quite a big slow down, slower than the chroma blur. It is however getting closer, it will debut roughly the same time when OpenCL (GPU) processing mode is released (then everything will be really quick)... yes that's coming ;)

OlegK

Quote from: Ilia3101 on December 07, 2017, 10:51:17 PM
A lot of good ideas from @OlegK

Rolling shutter: With magic lantern we can estimate very precisely the rolling shutter interval, and if we track a few points' movement in the image, we can also figure out the (approximate) direction of movement... and in turn how much to skew the image. However that is something I'd rather do at a later stage of MLV App development, as it involves spatial transformations... :-\
thxx... highlights are something I've been putting back, as it involves more than one pixel at a time and would be quite a big slow down, slower than the chroma blur. It is however getting much closer, it will debut roughly the same time when OpenCL (GPU) processing mode is released (then everything will be really quick)... yes that's coming ;)

I remember long time ago when i opened cinema dng files in Photoshop to correct them before making a video file i noticed one quality improvement over basic _-like save them as tiff and make video from them.
When files were opened with RAW converter photoshop i changed bit from if i remember correctly 8bit to 16 bit and upscale image don't remember how much. Than i saved it and made movie from it. This way of editing DNG files make my footage look held more information, image became crisper (not sharper), like it has more resolution.
So what do you think guys?
You can try and compare results.

I circled parameters that i changed in PS.

Also is it possible to implement it to MLV App?
Thanks!

masc

The whole internal processing is at 3x16bit in MLV App. If you like you also can export 16bit TIFF.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

OlegK

Quote from: masc on December 08, 2017, 08:03:15 AM
The whole internal processing is at 3x16bit in MLV App. If you like you also can export 16bit TIFF.

Good!

What about upscale pictures before bouncing into the video?

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

mesebar2

masc

:) thank you @mesebar2!

Next we will change the apps code a little more, so we decided to release a version now... next version will need a little more time. So here comes v0.12:
- Support for spanned mlv
- TIFF export
- Force bilinear export
- Resize resolution on (batch) export (overrides any clip resolution)
- File error handling on import
- Horizontal and vertical stretch per clip
- Cut in & cut out
- New profile "Film"
- Auto load white balance, if mlv was filmed at sunny, shade, cloudy, thungsten, fluorescent, flash or kelvin
- MASXML saves relative path additionally, so a session can be ported easy to different computers/locations/...
- Changed single frame export to (3x)8bit PNG, so libpng & zlib is not needed anymore
- Many fixes and detail enhancements

https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/releases/tag/QTv0.12alpha

There are some known bugs and maybe you'll find some new ones ;)
Windows version will be compiled and uploaded next. Have fun!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ilia3101

Yay. that's awesome, really glad there's finally a release to use with all the new stuff.

I also apologize to masc and whoever else for not yet finishing the AVFoundation library that will allow for slightly better quality export on macs.
Also begun on OpenCL processing, nothing to show yet.

Hopefully OlegK will be a bit satisfied with this for a bit until I release the next Cocoa App version :/

OlegK

Quote from: Ilia3101 on December 09, 2017, 07:32:19 PM
Yay. that's awesome, really glad there's finally a release to use with all the new stuff.

I also apologize to masc and whoever else for not yet finishing the AVFoundation library that will allow for slightly better quality export on macs.
Also begun on OpenCL processing, nothing to show yet.

Hopefully OlegK will be a bit satisfied with this for a bit until I release the next Cocoa App version :/

Thanks a lot guys! So fast!

prorez 4444 Is 8bit?

Going to check now!

OlegK

Quote from: Ilia3101 on December 09, 2017, 07:32:19 PM

For sure! :D

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

OlegK

Quote from: masc on December 09, 2017, 06:38:51 PM
:) thank you @mesebar2!

Next we will change the apps code a little more, so we decided to release a version now... next version will need a little more time. So here comes v0.12:
- Support for spanned mlv
- TIFF export
- Force bilinear export
- Resize resolution on (batch) export (overrides any clip resolution)
- File error handling on import
- Horizontal and vertical stretch per clip
- Cut in & cut out
- New profile "Film"
- Auto load white balance, if mlv was filmed at sunny, shade, cloudy, thungsten, fluorescent, flash or kelvin
- MASXML saves relative path additionally, so a session can be ported easy to different computers/locations/...
- Changed single frame export to (3x)8bit PNG, so libpng & zlib is not needed anymore
- Many fixes and detail enhancements

https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/releases/tag/QTv0.12alpha

There are some known bugs and maybe you'll find some new ones ;)
Windows version will be compiled and uploaded next. Have fun!

Lets start from first:

The export is really long. 2 small( 16sec. and 10 sec.clips) files took like 7 min. to complete.

I was using my old iMac at home maybe thats why>.

2nd. I cannot remove small colorful dots (weird like Moire) In Slow motion 50fps like twice more of them sharpness 100% so u can really see them.

Regular 24fps:

Slow 50fps:

Without sharpness is much better but still.:(
P.S. i didn't notice them in previous build.

3rd.

Really need 1.67x in width stretch menu.

Beside this i like this program a lot!

Questions:

When i increase file resolution on export does the quality increasing? or its just stretched video file?

What difference between Amaze and Bilinear on export?

Doofii

Thanks for your working, but there're some problems:
1.App crashes if choose cDNG lossless mode.
2.The edit palette is incomplete. I don't know how to adjust the width of the palette, and some contents are not shown.