The 50D in all it's RAW glory.

Started by Newpz84, July 05, 2017, 08:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newpz84

I love the quality image you can get out of this almost 10 year old camera!

https://vimeo.com/224355746

Shot in Crop Mode & Non-Crop mode.
Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5
Helios 44-2 f/2

The_bald_guy

I think saturation was a little over in some shots. To much is easy, getting a balance is the hardest thing to accomplish. Canon colors are often overboard.

For the tracking titles, it's missing some creativity. Go further with that idea. Maybe add comments, like you favorite place, why, etc. Play with the fonts. Just get your ideas pushed further on this title style. And I dont think the Afro Amerian title really brought anything to the video. It's kind of not funny.

favvomannen

Epic deluxe. just bought a 50d, it will arrive next week.

share some tips?

all clips except for the "water scenes" were AMAZING... like a real movie :) whats the aspectratio?
water scenes had a wierd colour on the water, im guessing you did some wrong post processing there? im pretty sure the poster above is wrong about it being canons colours fault, im guessing you put on a lut that made the water scenes look off? canon colors are the best ever.

- did you use a filter lut? what luts?
- what recording settings? crop mode or no crop mode?
- what mlv to jpeg sequencer did you use to get it into aftereffects for editing?

Newpz84

Color correction is always a choice. There's no wrong. It's like saying the Matrix was too green. It's all about personal preference and that's why it's so much fun. The choice to make the water scenes saturated was just that, a choice. But thanks for the professional critique. This edit was simply a montage of random shots around the city of Portland to give my 80 year old mother (who lives on the other side of the country) an idea of what the area is like.

I shoot in Canon Prolost Flat.
MlRawViewer to convert to DNGs.
Adobe Camera Raw to apply VisionLOG profile. Tweak highlights and shadows.
Apply LUTs in after effects.
Aspect Ratio is 2.35:1
Shot in both Crop and Non-Crop mode.

Colors can be whatever you like, here's a few different options applied. The last (Osiris Vision 6) is what ended up in the edit for the water shots.

kyrobb

Looks great Newpz84. Understand though, that if you shot Raw, you did not shoot Canon Prolost Flat. Picture styles have no effect on Raw image data.

Newpz84

kyrobb - Yes, totally. Thats just what my camera settings are always set to. Thanks.

favvomannen

yes. yeah i get ut.

anywys 100% pro except for some water scenes. epic.
im loving the 50d! :)

Quote from: Newpz84 on July 09, 2017, 10:36:55 PM
Color correction is always a choice. There's no wrong. It's like saying the Matrix was too green. It's all about personal preference and that's why it's so much fun. The choice to make the water scenes saturated was just that, a choice. But thanks for the professional critique. This edit was simply a montage of random shots around the city of Portland to give my 80 year old mother (who lives on the other side of the country) an idea of what the area is like.

I shoot in Canon Prolost Flat.
MlRawViewer to convert to DNGs.
Adobe Camera Raw to apply VisionLOG profile. Tweak highlights and shadows.
Apply LUTs in after effects.
Aspect Ratio is 2.35:1
Shot in both Crop and Non-Crop mode.

Colors can be whatever you like, here's a few different options applied. The last (Osiris Vision 6) is what ended up in the edit for the water shots.