Hello from Makedonia

Started by CelBill, June 29, 2017, 12:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CelBill

Hi, I'm Bill from Polog, Makedonia. I'm aircraft engineer, and I use 3d scanners for quality control. I'm here because i'd like to learn photography.

Walter Schulz

Magic Lantern software and forums are not that well suited for beginners. This software add-on will most definetely add some functionality and the start of your learning curve will not benefit from it.
Learn the basics first. Some time from now you might missing features you think you need to enhance your photo experience. Remember ML then.

BBA

You are welcome.
As Walter Schulz says, the "field" is huge and with the current forum, you don't start the maze from it's easiest entry point.
Don't be discouraged !

May I ask you a question:
Do you think it would be "feasible" to get two "truly parallel" beams to simulate rays coming from a source placed at an infinite distance ?
I remember doing that on an optical bench in the past with a converging lens whose focal length was well known, but things should have changed since then .... parallel lasers ?

If the parallel beams are placed at a correct distance, not diverging too much (on a length of a few centimeters to a few tens of centimeters) , this could help in recalibrating at will the image focal distance of a given lens.
What do you think ?
Thanks for any help.