Struggling to get off the ground with MLVFS

Started by spomeniks, June 28, 2017, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spomeniks

Hi everyone! I have MLVFS/Fuse running on Sierra, am using a 5DIII with ML.  My end goal is to be able to have log footage to load into Premiere, and I really like the sound of a workflow I read about on another thread that looks like "MLV > Open in MLVFS (no need to convert) > Convert RAW in After Effects ACR > Export to ProRes".

When I select a folder of MLVs, hit MLVFS under Services, I get the .IDX files alongside the raw files and a random mount file (that also appears under Devices).  When I select the mount folder, Finder stops responding and then after a few minutes it crashes/the mount folder disappears.  Is this the folder that's supposed to contain the DNGs?

I feel like I'm missing something here, so I'd really appreciate some clarification!

Thanks in advance

dmilligan

That means MLVFS probably crashed for some reason. Check for logs in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports and ~/.mlvfs.log

lostfeliz

I used to use it, but then started having trouble. So I switched to cr2hdr and i've had a much better time getting the MLV files converted.