Canon 50d live view photo problem please help

Started by fivetide, June 18, 2017, 10:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fivetide

I installed the lasted build, all ok for that and thanks, but I have a problem, if I use manual mode and liveview what I see on the screen is not how the picture turns out, I set shutter speed ISO so the picture look correct then when i take the picture its always way over exposed. So I switch to auto to dial in the correct values automatically and the flash always pops up even in full bright sunlight, then I switch back to manual mode.. shoot and the flash goes off, picture is right but if I then close the flash the screen acts as if I'm in low light which I'm not and again if I adjust the SS and ISO to make the screen the right brightness its again way over exposed ? anyone know what I'm doing wrong ? The live view seems not to correspond to the the cameras setting for some reason.   :'(

Walter Schulz

Power up cam without loading ML by pressing SET. If error is still there without ML: Manual page 117.

fivetide

Thnaks for the reply I reset everything to default turned on live view and it still odes the same with an ND filter on manual, perhaps it fook'd :( I was only playing with a MF 50mm f1.9 to see what it was like compared to my nifty, but it takes great picture on full auto so I'm not that worried. Thanks again :)