Advanced focus stacking in timelapse

Started by hanibbal665, June 11, 2017, 06:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hanibbal665

Good evening people and ml team,
I was wondering if it's possible to add more options in focus stacking mode to use in a timelapse sequence. For example having focus in foreground and after x number of frames, focus stacking starts and gets to endpoint (background) after y number of frames. So it would be something like a rack focus but in a timelapse.

garry23

a1ex

hanibbal665

Quote from: a1ex on June 12, 2017, 02:03:42 AM
This was done 5 years ago ;)

Recently it was moved into a module.

Well that's awesome! Didn't know advanced intervalometer had an option for focus ramping. After playing around with it, it does exactly what I want. But is there a way to preview the focus end point? Like in the focus tab when you set the endpoint and LV comes up?

EDIT: Also, I am using a motion slider kit which triggers the shutter of the camera. I can see the external source in advanced intervalometer but I am not sure how it works. For advanced intervalometer to work you need to enable Intervalometer but then I get 2 shutter triggers. One from the ML Intervalometer and the other from the external intervalometer. And the focus ramping takes in account the frames from the ML Intervalometer module to do the ramp. So to my understanding, a solution to this is having the external source option in the main intervalometer (so you set no options for interval) and the "pictures taken" counter start after the first picture is taken to work with the keyframes.

hanibbal665

So anyone knows how to use the external source on advanced intervalometer module??