Video Recoding Time Lendth

Started by Robin_Lewis, May 18, 2017, 04:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin_Lewis

Hi, I have a Canon 700D. When recording video, I am only limited to record 29:59 per time. However, I am otherwise happy with the firmwere that I already have. However like to download a firm were where all the other settings and operations at the very least the same, but the recording time for video to be only limited to the space on the SD card, not having the 29:59 minute time factor. What it the Magic Lanterns limitations with this?

Walter Schulz

H.264 with ML: A few frames (about half a second) lost after 29:59 recording because restart is necessary.

RAW/MLV with ML: No limit. But due to limited interface bandwidth (about 40 MByte/s) you will be forced to use quite small resolutions. See http://rbrune.github.io/mlraw/
Experimental build available for 10/12 bit recording. Compression mode not available yet.
Main build is good for 720p24 in 14 bit. 128 GB card will be filled in about 53 minutes in this mode.

HDMI recording: Sorry, no "Sticky_Halfshutter" available for this model.

And please don't call ML firmware. It doesn't replace Canon's firmware but runs with it. Very much the same way a program runs on your computer.