Slow-Motion Test Footage

Started by Tyronetheterrible, May 01, 2017, 06:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyronetheterrible

This is a collection of slow-motion test footage I've compiled over the past few years using Magic Lantern on my 6D. Excuse the low resolution and soft focus at times. I was still quite new to both the camera and the firmware starting out, and was experimenting with different shutter speeds, resolutions and the FPS Override feature.

The resolutions varied from 1600x402, 1792x450, to 1792x480, at a 2.39 aspect ratio, which was then stretched/upscaled to 1920x1080.

theBilalFakhouri

WLL DONE MAN!
Very nice work, i loved your style!
Did you use any 3rd plug-in in slow motion like Twixtor?
Can you share your settings and workflow (fps - shutter?)
❤❤

Tyronetheterrible

Thank you, theBilalFakhouri! I appreciate it!

No Twixtor involved. I simply set the framerate to "60fps ALL-I" in the Canon menu, then in the Magic Lantern menu I set the FPS Override to 60fps with the priority set to either "Exact FPS" or "Low Light". If I recall correctly, every shot was done with the iris wide open to account for how little light was getting in due to the higher shutter speeds, which were anywhere from 125 to 250.

I then captured at the max recordable resolution for a 2.39 aspect ratio to get as much detail as I could. The highest I could get from my 6D was 1792x480.

In DaVinci Resolve is where I stretched/upscaled the resolution to 1920x1080 and interpolated the framerate back to 23.976. I also set the Retime Process in the Project Settings to "Optical Flow".

And voila!