Commercial Aditorial Travel Project - ML RAW - 50p 3x3 12bit

Started by beauchampy, April 28, 2017, 02:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crobsoft

davilucho

Last question beauchampy
What shutter speed did you use to shoot this video in 50p 3x3??

beauchampy

Quote from: davilucho on August 03, 2017, 09:52:50 AM
Last question beauchampy
What shutter speed did you use to shoot this video in 50p 3x3??

No problem. 1/100.

Jesussavedjuni

This is a marvelous video you made! One of the best I seen. I have a couple of questions. Which canon lenses did you use? How did you do your grading ( & Did you use any LUTS)?

Can you explain this more "Yep - I also overexpose. I use the ML RAW histogram as well as zebras. I expose as hot as possible until I start to clip out highlights I want detail in, then I dial back 1/3rd of a stop"?

beauchampy

Quote from: Jesussavedjuni on September 26, 2017, 09:10:26 AM
This is a marvelous video you made! One of the best I seen. I have a couple of questions. Which canon lenses did you use? How did you do your grading ( & Did you use any LUTS)?

Can you explain this more "Yep - I also overexpose. I use the ML RAW histogram as well as zebras. I expose as hot as possible until I start to clip out highlights I want detail in, then I dial back 1/3rd of a stop"?

Thanks. Lenses were Canon 24-70 2.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS, 16-35 F4 IS.

I use Film Convert inside Resolve for colour grading. I also occasionally do sky replacements in after effects.

Over exposing - all you really need to know is that I'm using the ML Raw histogram as a kind of digital sensor meter and I like to run it as a hot as possible. Dont really care that the image looks overexposed to the eye, I just try to get the highlights as close to 100% as possible without clipping.

wangtrirat

My Gosh! This is only the high-end camera could do this level of color detail. Excellent Cinematography and grading!!!!! Long Live 5D.
DP, Colorist, Technician
Canon 5D Mark III
Sony A7s, Sony FS7

extremelypoorfilmaker

Great video, really dig everything about it! I was wonder if you could share the rendering settings you used :)