Updated MLVFS supporting Canon HW compressed MLVs

Started by bouncyball, April 25, 2017, 08:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_bald_guy

I used the latest 2017-10-16magiclantern-crop_rec_4k firmware in 14bit lossless at 23.976fps 50th/sec on Komputerbay 128gig cards. I would get some crash on audio recording from the canon UI every once in a while, but we made it thought the shoot.

bouncyball

Well, a1ex's comprehensive answer is a top notch as usual :)

a1ex

Got some half-decent results with this: https://github.com/pathak22/pyflow

For each frame:
- selected a few nearby frames (choice not critical, e.g. i-3 ... i+3 is fine, but some difficult frames will need more)
- computed a warped version from the nearby frames, using their demo script (only changed the file names)
- averaged the current frame and its warped versions => a temporally denoised frame
- from the difference image (denoised - original), kept only the vertical pattern (column medians) and discarded the rest

Seems to work as long as the camera is moved horizontally (otherwise it's hard to tell the difference between pattern noise and vertical objects in the image). When the camera motion stops, the pattern reappears (need to pick different frames).

Can you upload a few frames before and after your test image, graded in the same way? 15 JPEGs before and 15 after should be fine, just to run a quick test and have something to compare with. I've got this, but it's hard to judge when they don't have the same grading.

All in

Hello!  This is my first post, although i'm not really that new to ML. In the first place,  I wanna' thank you all for what you are doing for me,  for Canon,  for everyone :). On the second place,  I bumped into a problem. I recorded some compressed mlvs, about 150 with my 700d, spread on 3 sd cards,  in 600d's crop mode. The problem is that i know how to work with mlvfs,  the old one,  but this one gives me dngs for just one or two mlvs, and the rest of the folders from the virtual drive are empty. The webgui sees their names, but with no info,  no preview. The resolution used is 1600x900. The Mlvs are not corrupt,  because i can work with them in mlvp, but for such number of files I would prefeer the mlvfs workflow.  I could use your help  :). Thanks!

bouncyball

Coud you upload somewhere smaller file which is not showing in preview of webgui?

All in

Thank you and sorry for wasting your time,  I eventually found out what was causing the problem. It was the file "fseventsd" which was on the card. It took me several hours to become smarter than a rock, but I did it  :D . Now it works just like before,  maybe a tad slower. Thank you again.  Have a great day!

bouncyball

Walter Schulz

bouncyball

canneloni

I have a problem with both the x64 and x86 version of this version of mlvfs. I downloaded and installed dokany 1.0.5 64Bit and installed it. Then i downloaded the file "mlvfs.exe" from bouncyballs repo. I placed it into "C:\mlvfs" and copied the fpm files into the folder. When i open the command prompt and type in "mlvfs.exe x: --mlv_dir=C:\mlv\in" mlvfs just stops working. When I do the same thing with the x86 version of mlvfs, it creates the new drive and shows my files but i cant open localhost:8000 or rather it is just a white page. My system is Windows 10 x64 with newest updates installed (Fall creators update).

What am I missing here? Would be nice to use the x64 version and be able to test out the fpm files dfort created for the 100D and be able to set options inside the browser.
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

bouncyball

Did you install Dokany 64bit with 'DokanSetup_redist.exe'? this is essential.

canneloni

I now did, but still mlvfs crashes when i try to open it. It works fine on my Laptop, which is pretty much the same software, Windows 10 x64 Home. Any other runtime library I have to install?
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

bouncyball

IDK, sorry could be anything (any lib incompatibility) you have to track it down yourself sorry, I personally had no issues long time now.

canneloni

I'll try, thanks for your help :) If I'll find what's causing the problems I will report it here in case someone else has it too. And the x86 version works fine. I deleted the html files while testing out different versions of mlvfs and forgot to add them again... So I can at least test it now.

Markus

Quote from: canneloni on January 22, 2018, 09:25:45 AM
I'll try, thanks for your help :) If I'll find what's causing the problems I will report it here in case someone else has it too. And the x86 version works fine. I deleted the html files while testing out different versions of mlvfs and forgot to add them again... So I can at least test it now.
I might have had the same ptoblem. In one of my office computers my antivirus program somehow made mlvfs crash the fist time I installed it, after that no amount of reinstallation could resolve this problem. Installing mlvfs on my gaming PC avoiding the antivirus program to interfere I got it working there. It's like something permanently broke in the system I first tried to install it on. Haven't tried reinstalling win due to the pain of it.

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

bouncyball

Quote from: canneloni on January 22, 2018, 09:25:45 AM
And the x86 version works fine.
This is one of the indication that some libs for 64bit are incompatible.